Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2015, 09:52 PM

Crazy Dog

Fortunately we have a really secure front screen door. But with the heat we keep the wooden door open to let the porch breeze in. Earlier I was sitting here quietly and all of a sudden Callie was on his feet and leaping at the front door.

Just a handyman trying to drum up business. My son carried Callie back in and the gentleman at the door looked white as a sheet. Of course I apologized...ya know we haven't seen any Jehovahs Witnesses for years...

Then again the neighborhood we live in, at least we know we're safe from intruders
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2015, 07:39 PM
I bet that will put him off coming back! haha

Would Callie do anything if the screen door had given way?
My parents have a big black lab and he's horrible. I was there the other week and someone came to the door. By the time I had him safely out of the way they had gone... But they haven't done any training with him or anything, and no way I could pick him up while he's having a tantrum at the door.
I'm not used to this sort of thing, my OH actually taught my Cookie to bark, then I trained him to bark when someone knocked. Took a while for him to catch on he was supposed to bark when someone other than us knocked! haha He was always really soft with people.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Sophie still hides when people come to the door...poor chicken dog. I don't know what would happen if the screen gave...I imagine the gentleman could run faster however...