Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning all. Hot and muggy again today, no sun, it was like this all day yesterday

Just to give you all a laugh, today is dustbin day and I went to the paper shop just as the lorry arrived.
One lad in his hi-viz jacket stopped the traffic, another in hi-viz helped me across the road and another stood on the pavement warning everyone about road rage from me with my walker
I'm sure my high colour had nothing to do with the heat. Ahhh it's good to have a laugh!
Funny guys, but at least they had some consideration.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2015, 11:50 AM
I shall be bundling them up soon and sending them over Rose.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Hi peeps not sure if I had said but off to watch midsummer nights dream this evening, now come to think of it I did. doh must be my age or something. Daughter and friend coming in first for nibbles as usual and daughter going to check adobe for me as it is doing weird things on computer, tablet on the other hand behaving. Shush don't tell it I said that. Have a good afternoon, still warm and no storm saving it for this evening.lol!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Very unsuccessful morning
It started to rain just after I posted earlier but we thought well it won't be much, so off we went no coats, umbrellas or anything.
We went to get a large tin of coffee from Staples, they are usually the cheapest. They didnt have any. Then to Farmfoods for Pepsi's fish, they didn't have any. And all the time the rain is getting harder and harder.
Ah well we had better have lunch So we dived into the local carvery. As we got in the heavens opened, never seen rain so heavy, it was cascading out of the gutters. Well we had to stay there a while didn't we?
Home watching the tennis now
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I shall be bundling them up soon and sending them over Rose.
Ready and waiting! Kerry will make short work of them.. we have wild bogland here! Full of what we call sinkholes where cattle vanish,...best place for them...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Very unsuccessful morning
It started to rain just after I posted earlier but we thought well it won't be much, so off we went no coats, umbrellas or anything.
We went to get a large tin of coffee from Staples, they are usually the cheapest. They didnt have any. Then to Farmfoods for Pepsi's fish, they didn't have any. And all the time the rain is getting harder and harder.
Ah well we had better have lunch So we dived into the local carvery. As we got in the heavens opened, never seen rain so heavy, it was cascading out of the gutters. Well we had to stay there a while didn't we?
Home watching the tennis now
It rained all last night like that here, Nippy. Loud and long The river was high this morning. Stuffed here and all I had was an Admiral's Pie....taking antibiotics for a UTI..My star buy today was three large bars of good old carbolic soap.. rarely see it these days.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Hi peeps not sure if I had said but off to watch midsummer nights dream this evening, now come to think of it I did. doh must be my age or something. Daughter and friend coming in first for nibbles as usual and daughter going to check adobe for me as it is doing weird things on computer, tablet on the other hand behaving. Shush don't tell it I said that. Have a good afternoon, still warm and no storm saving it for this evening.lol!!
enjoy! hope it stays dry...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Not totally unsuccessful Nippy Jen if you ended up in the carvery.
Hope you didn't get wet when you left.

Mowed the lawn will do the edges later when I water or tomorrow. Had a nice cool bath and hair wash and back in front of the fan.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Got my jobs done and went to the tip, got home whilst it was still spitting, thank goodness, because its heavy rain here now.
Gone a lot cooler,but still in the high teens, tomorrow is forecast 24 degrees, it was 20 degrees when I was on the way to the tip.
Enjoy Midsummer Nights Dream, Brenda. If you do get the thunderstorms and/or heavy rain it will at least be bearable tonight in there.
Nippy, of course you had to go for a carvery what else is there to do when nothing goes right.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Nippy, terrible.... fancying having to take sanctuary at a carvery..poor poor you Lol
just got a little ran here today, i don't really mind what weather we get to be honest, i don't mind rain so long as i haven't just dyed my hair and i looooove the heat so either way i am happy
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >