01-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Happy birthday Leah!!!!!!
morning all
poundland have jublies in for £1for 8 bought 7 boxes lol
hospital layer, love the heat me so won't hear me grumbling
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Thats good Griff, my freezers are full of frozen bones or frozen girlie food, with just a tiny freezer in the kitchen for me, which is full of ice cream
Very close and humid here, sun has gone in, given everywhere a good clean and hosed the yard down, everyone positioned in front of the fan. I bought a cool mat a while ago, but when I got it out of the box it wouldn't have fitted one of my girls bottoms.Put it down in front of the fan and Mabs and Keshi are 'sharing' it, one paw each
Having a butty after a lovely long cool shower, washed hair as well. Cold drink in hand, and then off for shavings. Ceiling fan on in the house as well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Dillon has two fans on him and a cold wet towel draped over him. If I want to share the fans I have to move seats.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2015, 12:28 PM
May not have the need for ceiling fans a lot of the time, but when you do they are a lifesaver
Just watching the news, and 'old people' are at risk because we can't regulate our body temperatures, stay sat under the fan then!!!! Cool drink in one hand and ice cream in the other
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Lol, really makes me laugh at how people carry on....a bit of common sense is all that is needed. Apparently i am at risk as i have a serious illness.....i am having a great time Lol, my dad works outside in this weather and always has done, every year i have a fight with him to wear a hat.....never does, stupid man won't even put suncream on
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2015, 12:51 PM
I have quickly whizzed the hoover round and wiped the floor over and with the shopping done and packed away that's my lot for the day.
The doorbell rung at 8 this morning thought it was the postman. It was a young girl in her mid teens asking for someone called Nicky sorry no one of that name here. Then she proceeded to tell me how tall she was and what she looked like. Sorry no do you know where she lives sorry no. She did apologise for ringing the door bell at 8.
I then went into the kitchen to finish Dillon's breakfast and knocked a glass of cola over the kitchen floor and my dressing gown.
Luckily the day hasn't got any worse like I thought it might. Mind you its only 2pm.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Would you believe Santander have messed up again ?

Ok new pin umber arrived yesterday new card today. Supposedly according to all the instructions in the letter it was good to go.
I decided to pay something on line card declined. Rung Santander guess what they have sent the new card and pin number out to the correct address and left the block on it still. So they now have to send yet another new pin no: and card out.
Can you actually believe the incompetence ? I have given the poor chap a piece of my mind and he offered to transfer me to the complaints dept., I declined and told him you will be getting a formal complaint soon from us and we will be writing to the banking ombudsman too in the very near future.
I am absolutely fuming.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Oh Lynn never rains but it pours so they say. Ditch Santander for good if I were you. Just a little word of warning, be careful putting wet towels on bodies. When they start to dry out they can cause an oven effect. Hope you don't mind me saying. Ttfn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Santander in the process of being ditched brenda.
No don't mind you saying I keep checking his towel to make sure it is still wet. Minute it starts to dry out it will be under the cold tap again.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Just a quick note... hope you are all keeping cool.. warm here but not too bad and very wet... Got soaked at market yesterday and why do folk want to stand and chat when I am trying to load the car and never offer to help! The men are the worst..GRRRRR.. High season is exhausting and pain levels are very high but there we are...we keep trying.. all we can do. The feral cat continues to amuse, or not. His latest habit is taking the food almost from blind collies mouth..talk about taking advantage and no morals.. like no other cat I have ever had. Need to be out tomorrow so am thinking to head for Mizen Head. They always feed me there! And am calling on the local Rector as I want to see the wee locked church there and he has emailed t go there for the key.... Off to feed all and take painkillers... stay cool everyone,n south and west coasts here are cooler and no sun...
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »