Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 10:20 AM
oh Mandy, how absolutely awful
you are right, that puppy found your friends so she would have lots of love, fun and care in her little life.
How horrible of the breeder not to say anything, to be honest i would get in touch with trading standards as although she was a living breathing thing they treat her as "goods" i believe and "goods" are to be fit for purpose for a decent aount of time. I for one would grieve but whilst doing so ensure the breeder gets what they deserve by pursuing all and any legal angles, not really for the return of the money but to stop any other family from suffering
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 11:06 AM
That advice seems reasonable to me!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 01:33 PM
I agree Griff and Moyra I can imagine they may go down that route.
TW that's the thing that got me, how could you not tell owners of health issues ?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Just remembered a conversation I had many years ago with someone. One of my puppies was picked up as having a minor heart murmer, vet said not even a 1, told the people and they still wanted him. Mentioned it a friend, and she said Oh why did you tell them, I don't know of anyone who would have told them, it will clear up anyway. I said I couldn't NOT tell them!!! When they took the puppy for his 2nd vax they told their vet, who never found a heart murmer, neither has any other vet since, and he is 6 now.
Soooo it can disappear very quickly, and if I had done as my friend told me, they wouldn't have known as it turned out. Maybe thats what the thought process of the people they got the puppy from. Couldn't, and still can't, get my head around the fact there's people out there not informing their puppy owners of something like that though!!!
Good for you TW.At least your puppies new owners were aware of the situation and had a choice whether or not they would take him/her.Clearly these people were more interested in the money than the welfare of that poor wee pup.How could anyone knowingly do such a thing? Don't know why I'm surprised really,some people shock the hell out of me!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2015, 02:12 PM
When there was all the hoo ha about Lona's hip scores, I made sure I showed all prospective puppy owners her result and explained it was due to being hit by a car NOT HD as was being bandied about, also explained about genetic result and environmental result which could be brought about by over exercise, poor nutrition, or in Lona's case an accident, so everyone was perfectly in the know, probably more so than the Armchair Experts. So their 'expertise' made them look rather foolish than having the desired effect of my not being able to home her puppies. I think it pays off everytime to give your prospective homes the courtesy of informing them, and keeping them informed. They will appreciate your honesty for a start, and given the full facts and the ability to research the information they have been given, they will more than likely respect you for your openess
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 03:53 PM
June, if only other breeders were as honest and upfront as you and so caring about the offspring too. You are a 100% breeder, you really are.!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2015, 04:06 PM
I don't see the point in being anything else, sooner or later word gets round anyway. Particularly these days with the internet.So why put yourself in harms way, tell it like it is,then you can get on with sorting out a solution.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2