Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2015, 07:49 PM

Sad news

I've posted this as a separate thread because I didn't want to take up the main thread with it.
My friend came to see me yesterday morning at work to tell me her gorgeous little puppy had passed away in the night she was only 14 & half weeks old. It's the one I puppy sat for a couple of times. She had a heart problem that the breeder didn't tell her about, wasn't picked up till my friend took her to her own vets, for her second jab and puppy check. She'd had her first jab before they had her. Breeder has been uncontactable since they found out. Even the person vets couldn't get hold of them
She was very bouncy and happy all day, and it all happened very late in the night, poor little girl.
My friends and their children are in consolable.
I cannot believe some people are so cruel not to say, and just in it for the money
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2015, 07:57 PM
So sorry Mandy Poor wee pup.i don't know how some people sleep at night,it's beyond me (( hugs))
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2015, 08:16 PM
So sorry Mandy what a cruel thing to do.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2015, 08:40 PM
I've been thinking that at least the little pup has had nothing but love and happiness during the 7 weeks they had her
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Mandy, if the pup had been at the vets for her first vax with her breeder, then definitely it would have been found and the breeder informed as to the severity (1 is minimal and so on)
and it was then up to the breeder to inform the new owner and to come to an agreement as to whether the new owner would wish to carry on with the puppy or pick another one.
Sometimes there is a slight murmer detected in puppies at around the 8 week stage, it is usually gone by the time they reach their first birthday, it is very minor and can be a one or a two. Higher than that it is unlikely the pup will grow out of it.
So sorry for your friend, they must be heartbroken and very shocked. I have heard of a lot of cases where puppies with heart murmers have gone on to adulthood and led happy normal lives, and others when they have just collapsed without warning and they were gone in an instant, but at least the owner KNEW about the murmer and could make an informed decision.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 05:57 AM
Oh this is terribly sad, commiseration to your friend Mandy. xxx
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Mandy, if the pup had been at the vets for her first vax with her breeder, then definitely it would have been found and the breeder informed as to the severity (1 is minimal and so on)
and it was then up to the breeder to inform the new owner and to come to an agreement as to whether the new owner would wish to carry on with the puppy or pick another one.
Sometimes there is a slight murmer detected in puppies at around the 8 week stage, it is usually gone by the time they reach their first birthday, it is very minor and can be a one or a two. Higher than that it is unlikely the pup will grow out of it.
So sorry for your friend, they must be heartbroken and very shocked. I have heard of a lot of cases where puppies with heart murmers have gone on to adulthood and led happy normal lives, and others when they have just collapsed without warning and they were gone in an instant, but at least the owner KNEW about the murmer and could make an informed decision.
My friends vet said that she had a major heart problem and needed to have surgery otherwise she wouldn't live past 1, 2 if she's lucky. He said to go home and discuss it, and that it didn't have to be immediate. Because it was to be £3000 they had got to sort stuff out but was set to go to through with it. Her vet got in touch with the breeders vet, because they not aloud to talk to my friend, but said they would talk to the vet, and the breeder did know how serious the fast heart beat was. They told my friend it was just because she was a puppy and excited. They hadn't had a puppy before and didn't think anything of it. My friends husband is blaming himself
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 07:50 AM
How very sad. Hugs to your friend
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Such sad news.. big hugs xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Just remembered a conversation I had many years ago with someone. One of my puppies was picked up as having a minor heart murmer, vet said not even a 1, told the people and they still wanted him. Mentioned it a friend, and she said Oh why did you tell them, I don't know of anyone who would have told them, it will clear up anyway. I said I couldn't NOT tell them!!! When they took the puppy for his 2nd vax they told their vet, who never found a heart murmer, neither has any other vet since, and he is 6 now.
Soooo it can disappear very quickly, and if I had done as my friend told me, they wouldn't have known as it turned out. Maybe thats what the thought process of the people they got the puppy from. Couldn't, and still can't, get my head around the fact there's people out there not informing their puppy owners of something like that though!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >