Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2015, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by lovemybull View Post
Gah, at 22 Ma'am is charming...at 52 it makes you feel over the hill and out...heeheehee

Anyways my hubby is Sicilian and I think they butchered the last name when they got off the boat. We married in 1988. I have been spelling that name and correcting the spelling of that name sometimes daily for almost thirty years.
I disagree.. being politely addressed at any age and i am well over 70 so appreciate it greatly.. and well over the hill and thankfully so,, the view is like nothing you can imagine, wide and fair and wonderful and no more need to struggle and toil up that dratted mountain! They pay me for being old and folk defer to me more and more..Young men open doors! Shop assistants are so helpful..
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2015, 08:35 AM
My surname is Luscombe. Cold callers etc often ask is that Mrs LuscomBEE. To which I reply no, sorry, and put the phone down
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
My surname is Luscombe. Cold callers etc often ask is that Mrs LuscomBEE. To which I reply no, sorry, and put the phone down
Funny lady!
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2015, 03:31 PM
I get annoyed when people spell my name Alison with two L's or with a Y.

Sometimes name pronouciations changes over time . My grans name was helena and was pronounced hell leena but now adays its mostly pronounced helen a .
Sometimes names are pronounced differently in different countries. my sisters name is Evelyn and its pronounced Eeve Lin but in the States they usually say Ever lin.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2015, 04:57 PM
The majority of our store customers are working guys. What's sweet is when some of them get flirty. After a rough morning hearing "Thank you Beautiful!" can make me smile for the afternoon.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2015, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by lovemybull View Post
The majority of our store customers are working guys. What's sweet is when some of them get flirty. After a rough morning hearing "Thank you Beautiful!" can make me smile for the afternoon.
That would be taking great liberties and they would not get away with it! Yes ma'am it is !
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2015, 09:00 AM
My dear old Dad makes me laugh. Must be an age thing. My previous dog was called Nico (knee-co), he always called her Nick-O. My son's girlfriend is Josie and he says it like Jo-say.

Then of course the names get muddled up completely, Daniel my son sometimes get called Andrew (brother)!
Kanie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Before I got married, I had an Irish surname, begining with O'

It was amazing how many people just called me by the first Irish-sounding surname that popped into their heads - usualy O'Hara (no, sadly, I look nothing like Vivien Leigh and never did!)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2