View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fabnkinky
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2014, 09:56 AM
But they aren't a puppy farm, &'I've known a fair few ppl to have dogs from this breeder and they are all healthy ... One is doing very well in agility and won a lot of awards
Ellie&3Collies
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2014, 10:06 AM
I would definitely not support a puppy farm. I didn't join here to argue with people but I thought I would state my opinon having personally researched and expierenced gwynion myself. I am not going to say they are the best breeders and speak so highly of them but I have had a healthy and happy puppy and they were all kept in good conditions. Puppy farms are usually small cages small enclosed spaces very high fees for puppies. Sick and Ill dying pups - they would have been investigated and closed down now should that be the case. There were a lot of posts before 2012 but nothing at all recent and if pups had died I'm sure it would be complaints - yes they do breed various breeds but I haven't seen litters advertised for westies or dalamations?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Sorry but they are a puppy farm, they breed the maximum number of litters per bitch & then sell them on. They breed "designer" mongrels, they do NOT health test any of their dogs. Being a puppy farmer doesn't mean the animal are kept in cages etc, it means the dogs are bred like farm animals-i.e. for profit & a business.

They are a Licensed breeding establishment-5 or more litters a year(& in their case many more than 5 litters per year)

They cannot hide the number of dogs they breed if the KC register them as the KC records for their dogs are in the public domain.

The sole purpose for breeding dogs should be for improving the breed both mentally & physically-how can they be doing that when they do NOT health test ?

You cannot tell if your dog is healthy without certain health tests-not all dogs with severe HD are lame, not all dogs with CEA(CH)are blind, unilaterally deaf dogs are hard to diagnose without a BAER test. A GP vet looking at the dog, no matter how closely, cannot know if these conditions exist in your dog.

These people advertise on all the popular free ad sites for puppies. They offer their expensive mongrels & cheaper pedigree(but not always registered with ALL registries they claim on their website-i.e. their collie puppies from ISDS parents are NOT ISDS registered, because the ISDS will not register puppies from non health tested parents)

It not a case of the puppies dying, but of non health tested dogs being bred from for profit & without regard for the future of the breed.

BTW did you have to supply references from your vet & have your homechecked before you got your puppy ? Anyone who got a puppy from me had to be strictly checked out before they even got to see the puppies let alone offer a deposit on one. This is what responsible breeders do.

BTW anyone who breeds Merle to Merle dogs are NOT responsible breeders & the KC no longer register puppies from such matings

I have just taken 17 screen captures of just some of the dogs these people have bred Dalmatians, Border Collies & Westies.

This one speaks volumes

30 litters & only 4 dogs have had any health tests done & that does NOT include the sire or dam !
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Haha, I can look at their website and tell a puppy farm, as anybody could tell. I don't need to have gone there, their website speaks for itself. It's obvious you don't even know what a puppy farm is if you're still trying to deny the fact that they are, indeed, a puppy farm. Moving right along...
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2014, 01:45 PM
They breed double merles? Says it all, really.
Fabnkinky
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2014, 02:45 PM
They don't breed double Merle's ... I've had this convo with the breeders themselves when I went to pick up my second pup from them ... Do you have proof they breed merle x merle ?????????

Either way you have your opinion & I have mine, I've got two Gwynions ive been to their farm, you have 0 Gwynions and probably haven't even set foot in the uk ...

Telling people their dog is gonna get ill / die or have health issues is bang outta order & you should be ashamed of yourself anyway it was a fab welcome to this site btw ! Awesome
Fabnkinky
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Oh and for the record they no longer breed westies of Dalmatians
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Quote: 'Telling people their dog is gonna get ill / die or have health issues is bang outta order & you should be ashamed of yourself anyway it was a fab welcome to this site btw !'

Absolutely no one here said anyone's dog was gonna get ill, die or have health issues. Some people only stated that it's clear Gwynion dogs don't do the breed appropriate health tests on their stud dogs and breeding bitches, as those records are public. Those are warning signs for any future puppy owner.

Also: not all puppy farms are dirty and work in secret. Some are registered and work within the laws. That doesn't mean it's not a puppy farm. A puppy farm is a place where puppies are bred for profit instead of health and improvement of the breed, where they don't grow up in a family environment (no matter how clean their sheds are, they will have much less interaction with humans) and the price reflects how much the breeder has put into the litter in terms of money for health tests, showing etc.
Ellie&3Collies
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2014, 03:12 PM
I have reported a number of messages regarding my puppy. I am cancelling my membership and no longer taking part in this forum. Hope you are ashamed of yourselves. I am no longer going to comment or reply further and cancel this account
Fabnkinky
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2014, 03:13 PM
The pups play out on the green with the breeders and their family so they have plenty of human interaction

Again like I said difference of opinions .. Let's just leave it at that
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >