Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2019, 06:45 AM

Daily Chat Thursday 5th December

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the link Kazz but the windscreen cover I have is working well. I go out start the car put the heat on the front and rear screen an scrap the top of the front screen and the side windows if necessary and all is well. As I have to put the cover on I will leave as it is because once Ben has this own car mine will be back in the garage until used

Chis your ordeal sounds like our house. I am told to keep out of the way and then keep getting the call to come and look and hold something or whatever else needs doing. Can't do right for doing wrong! Mind you I try to keep Barry away with anything to do with water as we are not very lucky when it comes to water

Very cold and frosty again this morning but forecast to rain for the next few days

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2019, 07:38 AM
Morning Sue, yep I hate toilets with a passion. Not saying anything about the one we have, don't want to jinx it. bg!! Cold and frosty here to. Brr!! Have a good day peepes.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2019, 08:06 AM
Good morning Ladies, have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Morning all
Hahaha Chris, sounds very very familiar and why do men start non emergency repairs at stupid times?? My dad will sit there for 6 hours and then decide to start a job at 4pm then moan when it isn't going right and he ends up leaving it because he can't be bothered with going to buy the bits he needs!! Start it at 9am and you have the whole day...simples
I am going to see Molly and Steve later, more lights bought for outside his house...he isn't happy but I will win lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Sue was just saying about the number of shops that have closed in our village since we have been here. At least 6 have gone or going, our opticians is closing as is our only building society. Bank now turned into flats, even estate agents are going or at least a couple have gone.

Talk about a village dying yet they are building more and more houses on any piece of land. Recently the local farmer sold up and now 500 houses being built on it and another site with heavens knows how many houses. Absolutely no chance of anyone getting a local job if one wanted too , more traffic on already crowded coast road which runs through our little village

Our only option is to go into Bexhill for anything now or the retail park if you can find a parking space.

Such a shame as it is a nice area to live in
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Recently the local farmer sold up and now 500 houses being built on it and another site with heavens knows how many houses.

They won't get planning permission unless 10% are allocated to 'social housing' (50 houses) and 10% of those will be what the social services workers spend 90% of their time on so that's 5 houses will be trouble makers and God help anyone unfortunate to be living next door to them.

You'll never see it in print or in any form of media coverage but talk to the social workers 'off the record' and they will tell you. Like wise the other 90% of social housing are all perfectly nice people.

Hope you are not near these developments, agree completely about roads, local jobs, services, shops etc.

In our village 12 'affordable homes' have been built and the parrish council made it a condition that they should go to local people with local jobs, they were ignored and now 10 out of the 12 have to get in the car every morning and drive 15 miles to nearest industrial estate.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2019, 12:46 PM
They are building having done everything required to comply
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Good afternoon all.

The good news is the toilet is still working and I don't have to watch it anymore. Must be a man thing

They are building another 90 houses in a neighbouring village to us (2 miles away), but they will have to register with our village doctor's which already takes weeks to get an appointment with. The roads here are really poor. Twisting, winding lanes with deep ditches either side so the extra traffic is always unwelcome.

In town they are in the process of replacing the quaint, Victorian style lighting and seating with big metal monstrosities and concrete blocks to sit on. Say anything bad about it and all you get is that we need to be dragged kicking a screaming into the 21st Century. Well, if this is what progress is in the 21st Century, I fear we are doomed
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Harvey..yep, my dad fitted the phone lines to a development £1 million properties and footballers buying and there was actually social housing on that estate..my dad said how annoyed would you be paying that for a house and someone getting one for free!!
Chris, hopefully they will add a doctor??