Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 05:35 PM

Remus cut his eye.

Two days ago I was doing some major pruning in the garden and was standing behind a big shrub...when Remus stuck his head through the bush and got my secatures right in the eye! Thankfully they're blunt ended ones but they were open at the time. He didnt yelp and I checked it out but was in two minds about taking him to the vets or not. He's been fine but was restless last night and this morning he woke with a swollen eye.
Quick nip to the vets to discover he has cut the surface of his eye right in the middle.

Local anaesthetic drops in the eye plus again killing jab while he was there and five days of eye drops to be applied four times a day! He's such a squirmer that that's not going to be a pleasure to do.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Two days ago I was doing some major pruning in the garden and was standing behind a big shrub...when Remus stuck his head through the bush and got my secatures right in the eye! Thankfully they're blunt ended ones but they were open at the time. He didnt yelp and I checked it out but was in two minds about taking him to the vets or not. He's been fine but was restless last night and this morning he woke with a swollen eye.
Quick nip to the vets to discover he has cut the surface of his eye right in the middle.

Local anaesthetic drops in the eye plus again killing jab while he was there and five days of eye drops to be applied four times a day! He's such a squirmer that that's not going to be a pleasure to do.
And I bet you feel SO guilty? I had a similar experience (but with blunt object) with my Cavvy when she was young. I still feel guilty about it and my kids make sure I do! Throwaway remarks like 'remember when you tried to BLIND Charlie mum?'
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Aww, poor Remus!
He'll be winking at you for the next few days, eh!

Hope he feels better soon and doesn't make the eyedrop-putting-in into a huge ordeal
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:29 PM
I was out in the garden one day, pruning as you do, somehow managed to poke my eye with a cane that was sticking up.Catrin, I' m not kidding the pain was unreal,for the first few minutes at least.Stupidly didn't go to have it looked at Untill the next day by then omg you should have seen it,really was gross.Was a few years ago and at a recent visit to opticians for a check up they did a test for glaucoma,they have a camera thing and you get to see your eye from all different angles. The hole from the cane was clearly visible and he said I was very lucky didn't lose it.... So I' m guessing Remus was really lucky,either that or he' s trying really hard to miss his appointment on Monday Hope he' s o.k xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
And I bet you feel SO guilty? I had a similar experience (but with blunt object) with my Cavvy when she was young. I still feel guilty about it and my kids make sure I do! Throwaway remarks like 'remember when you tried to BLIND Charlie mum?'
I feel bad I didn't take him on the day but it was late in the afternoon and our vets is a 20 minute drive away and my car had just died.
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Aww, poor Remus!
He'll be winking at you for the next few days, eh!

Hope he feels better soon and doesn't make the eyedrop-putting-in into a huge ordeal
Oh yes he's winking....but that's fine because he goes well with the trying to hump me!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
I was out in the garden one day, pruning as you do, somehow managed to poke my eye with a cane that was sticking up.Catrin, I' m not kidding the pain was unreal,for the first few minutes at least.Stupidly didn't go to have it looked at Untill the next day by then omg you should have seen it,really was gross.Was a few years ago and at a recent visit to opticians for a check up they did a test for glaucoma,they have a camera thing and you get to see your eye from all different angles. The hole from the cane was clearly visible and he said I was very lucky didn't lose it.... So I' m guessing Remus was really lucky,either that or he' s trying really hard to miss his appointment on Monday Hope he' s o.k xx
A very common 'gardening accident' and this is where upturned yoghurt pots or even small plastic drinking cups are your FRIEND! Place them over the top of garden canes.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
A very common 'gardening accident' and this is where upturned yoghurt pots or even small plastic drinking cups are your FRIEND! Place them over the top of garden canes.
Good tip, thankyou
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Ooooo that sounds soooo horrible! Poor you!
I think you're right about him trying to miss Monday! Tonks is desperate for him to be done!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Ooooo that sounds soooo horrible! Poor you!
I think you're right about him trying to miss Monday! Tonks is desperate for him to be done!

My wee Leah's birthday on Monday, so I' ll be thinking of you amid the chaos, 6 13yr olds having a sleepover!!!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Poor Remus, hope his eye is all better soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >