View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 09:12 PM
thankyou everyone it certainly helps knowing weve got all all dogsey pals to talk to getting if off my chest is helping alot,i wonder how i will wake up tomorrow,how i will feel? xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
im on a drug called citalopram,dont know its normal name though,im hoping it kicks in soon,before im up for murder!
Me too, I am on day 8, seems to be helping a wee bit....back to docs tomorrow. I also get propanolol which is meant to lower my blood pressure and keep my mood swings under sontrol

Great thread. Will continue reading all the posts

Hugs and support to everyone
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Clinical depression is a terrible illness. Most people have the laymans approach to it. As they can't see anything physically wrong with you, you must be fine Unfortunatly it isn't like that. It's a chemical imbalance in your brain that's trying to shut the rest of your body down

I've suffered from depression on and off for a number of years. At first I put it down to post natal depression so left it. When I did go to the doctors they put me on Citilopram. I came off it eventually, but went back on it 2 years ago and haven't looked back I was probably at my lowest point then, even considering suicide

This site has been a huge strength to me. Azz and Inca have been a great support when I was going through the worst of it, and to both of them I'll always be grateful. It's times like that you realise who your true friends are.

I still have bad days, but thankfully now, they're few and far between
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi,

I'm currently on citalopram also for depression, one dose a day alongside two nipedimine (raynauds disease), two paracetamol and two ibuprofen three times a day (oncoming arthritis and old injuries from home). Plus a couple of herbal stress things that help a bit.

I feel low alot of the time and especially tonight after loosing Ziggie today. If it wasnt for the other dogs id be through.

I'm waiting for an appointment with the psych people to help deal with PTSD and have flashbacks during the nights, even some times during the days. Should be sometime before christmas. I get so tired and restless sometimes alongside paranoid.

Take a hug from me everyone, you've gotta take em while you can in this world

Hazel xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 10:13 PM
AH yer all loopy loopy. but we wouldnt have you any other way,,,ps I often try to kill dougie,,,, but have no medical explanation for it, so it could be me thats loopy loopy lol, hope you all feel better soon, chin up, eh, xxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
AH yer all loopy loopy. but we wouldnt have you any other way,,,ps I often try to kill dougie,,,, but have no medical explanation for it, so it could be me thats loopy loopy lol, hope you all feel better soon, chin up, eh, xxx
aye we are at that,they diagnosed me clinical on tuesday,sounds very well clinical doesnt it,oh well we all suffer some degree of loopyness and those that can sit back and say not me are in denial
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I feel it is sad that people are afraid to seek help from so called 'happy pills'. I got to such a state that it was either the pills or end it all, you can get so low, I am glad now that I chose the pills. The way I look at it now is I take meds for arthritus, asthma and copd and think nothing of that so why not meds for clinical depression. It can be a short term thing or as in my case has been years, everyone is different. I just learn to deal with each day as it comes.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 11:06 PM
now my eyes are drooping,and before i go,i just want to say im thinking of all of us who replied to this thread today,and im posting this for everyone, xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 11:47 PM
I ran dougie down a few years ago,,,lol, we had argued, I chucked my mobile and it smacked him on the forehead,,,at which point my mate and I thought a quick exit would be good, jumped in the car, just as I was about to drive off, he came down the drive, cleared the gates with one jump, a huge feet for a big fella, there is a single track road at the front of me so he stood in the way of the car,,,,I said move or I will hit you, he said stop I aint movin,,,,,he thought I would stop I thought he would move the rest is history,,, what got my mate was,,,,,, as he hit the bonnet,, I shouted "Bite my bonnet"
now I wasnt going fast prob only ten mph, but he made a hell of a dent in the bonnet,,,,but as he scrambled up to run after me I was off like a shot,,,,by this time my mate was white,,,,I said ok by the time we go to mcdonalds and back he will be calm,,,, which btw he was,,,, twas his fault anyways,,lol, so dont feel bad,,, I have a list the length on my arm,,,,, could write a book I could,
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 05:23 AM
hi
i have been off medication for depression for a few months and thought i was coping but over the past week have been starting to feel down again. at the moment to be quite honest i wish martin would leave again. just need some space to be alone. scared of the commitment we have remade to each other. feel i am not worth the effort to be with. so fed up as been on antibiotics nearly all summer - well that what it feels like, not able to get away on holiday and have a change of scene, sad about other personal stuff that has been going on for so long and never changes. scared that i am always going to finish up taking happy pills for the rest of my life and if that is the case martin and everyone else would be better off without me. sitting here crying and feeling so alone at the moment. want to run away from it all

sue
Page 4 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »