Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Your carer's boyfriend is the one with the issues.
Your carer does not handle him well.
Hi again,

I often have thought in the past that she is scared/frightened of him or his actions. I can't really explain why, it's just her body language when she's on about him.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I think my main problem is, I easily pick up on other peoples problems, dosen't matter if they try and hide them or not. Then natural instinct of a man comes into play, to protect, that is when I tend to get too involved and get upset because I can sense there's a problem, can see where they are going wrong, but can't do anything about it.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 05:55 PM
I must be mental I have got all my own probs, diabetes lost my legs, I'm constantly skint, trying to find a lady friend and yet I'm still not content, I go and worry about my carer. STUPID OR WHAT!!!

Ian
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Hello Ian, my names Fay and lately I have been feeling just like you at times. I lost my job and became disabled all at the same timeand it really hit me hard. Now I was lucky as I have family to support me but you obviously have made a lot of good friends on Dogsey. We are all here for you to support you. Don't let this get you down. You have done nothing wrong except letting a carer become too friendly to the point where she forgot she was supposed to be proffessional. I was one of these carers and was also a care manager and it was always stressed that you do not give out personal details to any clients and now you have just found out why. I would have loved to take my job further at times because of the type of lovely people I looked after and it was difficult at times not to do so but that is human nature. Some people are more caring than others and find it hard to strike that balance. I had a client who ended her life looking on me as the daughter she never had and her son still contacts me now and then. That is after 4-5 years or more but he did so through my then boss. I also had a client who searched the phone book to get my details and then phoned my O.H. to either praise me to the high heavens or slag me to death depending on his mood of the day. You obviously like your carer and if you can keep it proffessional between you then there is no need to change her. Good carers are sometimes hard to come by but don't worry if you have to let her go. You explain to her superior and she should not get into trouble. She might just emphasise the need for rules. As for you carers husband, weeeeellll!!!!! what can I say. I can remember the days when my O.H. would be shouting down the phone when my bosses phoned asking me to do extras{all the time} TELL THEM TO B****R OFF It can be hard. sorry if I have gone on a bit and maybe repeated what others have said but I can't emphasise enough you need your carers and you also need to seek help from whoever you feel most comfortable speaking to. you have made me realise I'm not as badly off as I thought I was. Thank you for that and good luck. My thoughts are with you but don't let it get you down so much there are lots of people who have needs like you and can't even ask for it :smt058 :smt058 :smt058 :smt058
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:02 PM
i think in a nutshell

a carer should care for you and be friendly
this has (sorry to say ) become a personal friend so the line of care has been crossed
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Thats another no no, buying or selling things for or from clients, unless of course it is their shopping and thats what you are there to do.
There is also rules about what we can but, lottery tickets are banned too! Don't understand that one really as we can buy enough alcohol to send them straight under the table!
Sorry Becky, buying alcohol was a big no no for us. I would have been drawn and quatered for that one although I caught people doing it and had to confiscate it then dish out warnings. I had a lot of excellent carers but they were just good hearted people who felt sorry for their clients. they didn't always think of the consequences.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I work in a care home if the residants want a tipple the family brings a bottle in and matron will monitor the amounts ........or we would have a few drunk in charge of zimmers
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
I work in a care home if the residants want a tipple the family brings a bottle in and matron will monitor the amounts ........or we would have a few drunk in charge of zimmers
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
I must be mental I have got all my own probs, diabetes lost my legs, I'm constantly skint, trying to find a lady friend and yet I'm still not content, I go and worry about my carer. STUPID OR WHAT!!!

Ian
You're not stupid honey, you're a caring loving person. Surely you can't be blamed for that? Not by anyone here, that's for sure.

Don't knock yourself Ian - you're a smashing guy - we all love ya! xox
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Nelson's Mum View Post
Sorry Becky, buying alcohol was a big no no for us. I would have been drawn and quatered for that one although I caught people doing it and had to confiscate it then dish out warnings. I had a lot of excellent carers but they were just good hearted people who felt sorry for their clients. they didn't always think of the consequences.
We buy alcohol for clients as it is not against the regulations at all, though we have had clients who have alcohol problems and obviously don't buy it for them. Same goes for cigarettes. Lottery tickets are prohibited by CSCI though, so those we can't buy.
Page 6 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »