Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks Miss Potter and again GSD.

I am going to ask again when I am at the docs on Tuesday as I do think talking helps, but I don't wantto burden people and if it was someone professional then its their job right??

I don't really care if I cant ever go to the crowded pub, but the supermarket would be helpful. Thank goodness for online shopping

But yeah you are right half an hour ago I was scared of full blown panic attack, iy didn't happen and I am still breathing and still at my work.

Thank you all very much for your replies
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 04:27 PM
I would like to thank Benzmum for starting this thread. Through your honesty and courage there is a thread here for people to share their very similar problems. it is amazing how many of us on Dogsey are experiencing similar problems. Now we have a shared thread which supports and helps us all. It is so good to hear my thoughts and problems being echoed by others. I know I am not alone. Thankyou.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks Fudgeley but the credit has to go to Jules1!! if she hadnt posted about Kalms then I wouldbnt have felt the need or desire to post, and I didn't wantto hijack her thread!!!

But yea I think now its a great ideaa we can all post here when we are a bit down and need someone other than outr 4 legged friend to understand

I have to say I am touched and grateful that you have all chosenb to share such personal details, I just wish I had the coourage a few months ago when I really thought I was going insane!

Anyway home and that is a full week at work over. It wasn't easy but I did it. Pizza and a glass of wine to clebrate tonight!!

THank you all for your replies and support

And peace to you all

x

I will visit here and update regularly the good and the bad.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Sorry about disappering last night i couldn't get back on.
I am glad this thread is helping every one,although i don't really know how it feels to feel, like you lot do.
I can understand it can't be easy.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Leo, just by trying to understand and by caring you help....so many people cant believe there is such a thing as panic and anxiety. All too often I have been told to "pull myself together", "get a grip" or even "have a cup of tea it will be ok"

I wish it were that easy.

Im sure I speak for anyone who suffers when I say it is good of you to take the time to post here and to reach out to me, and others.

And today wasn't that bad, I woke up about 4am and convinced myself I would phone in sick. I didn't and I made it through the day.

Just got a number of a homeopath near wher I live who comes highly reccommended by people who have suffered post traumatic stress, and anxiety and even alapaecia (sp) so I am gonna call her over the weekend.

Thanks again

leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Stop saying thanks....
If you find some thing that helps you work things out or cope with things it can only be good.
When your at work, do you feel better?
When you say you panic, in case your going to have another,does it help you to focus on some thing else... passes the time.
It doesn't matter if people have this type of problem,we are all different.
I can't imagine how you must feel when people say "it's ok", it's not.
Is there any way you have found to relax and generally unwind.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Its true what Miss Potter says, you will always find support on Dogsey, we can tell each other things that we find hard to explain or divulge to those closest to us and there is always someone who will help, guide and support us.

I'm so fortunate to have never suffered from these horrendous panic attacks and I feel for you all, every one of you, and am so pleased that you are able to share your fears and feelings with people that have been there and totally understand what you are going through.

I've had depression on several occassions, one of my sisters, the only one in my family who is like this, thinks I should just "pull myself together" when it happens, so I know only too well that people don't always understand how a mental illness can actually debilitate someone so much.

I just wanted to add that, like Leo who is always so supportive of everyone, I am also here for any of you that may need to talk, I can't promise to understand how you are feeling but I can promise to listen and try to help you through it.

Sheree xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Sheree, behave yourself....
The way i see it, is for some reason you don't understand yourself,the panic hits you.
Then if you was told to pull yourself together, it can only do more damage.

There is loads of people out there who don't understand what and why, but to lable them or labelling yourself because you have this problem, you not going to do yourself any good.

We are all different and cope with things in different ways and levels, just because there are times you don't feel able to cope with some thing, doesn't mean your any less of a human with feelings.
It is finding a way to deal with it, to improve your lifes for the better, if listening helps i'm usually around.

Do you know when an attack is coming on. i guess it builds up until it hits you?

For all the people who tell you to get a grip, maybe if they experienced the very real fear you do in an attack maybe they would be more understanding.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Scorpio,

Leo says I have to stop saying thanks ...so...I am grateful for your reply!!!!!

I feel better at work when I a know where I am going ansd what I am doing. This week was hard...The office is open plan and full of hustle and bustle and flourescent lights. That whole scenario makes me feel uneasy

Its like GSD said everything is magnified and it really is SCARY.

So I tend to do a fair bit of 1 2 1 work with people which is ok, but ask me to attend a meeting.......NO WAY.....I'd rather walk to the moon!! It seems to be lots of people that makes a freaky feeling into an attack.

I have tried deep breathing, and EFT, and self hypnosis but none seems to work particularly well.

I am keen to chat to this homeopath though

leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 06:31 PM
So you don't view the enviroment the same? Even though it is a place your familiar with and the people.
Does your boss know how this makes you feel, what do they have in place to support you?
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »