Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by sweetveronica View Post
Its her dad's house....I have no rights at all.

Oh but you do

If your family home is in the name of your civil partner then you have what are called ‘matrimonial home rights’. That is the right to live in the property by virtue of your civil partnership.

You have the same rights as any married couple would have, I really think you need to sit down and think about how things go from here, is it really what she wants?
It's really worth taking some legal advice because you actually have more rights than you happen to think, rights which she may well think you are not entitled to.

Don't be hasty and move out, quite frankly I wouldn't budge! And I don't think you should either until you seek some professional advice
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 09:20 AM
really feel for you. have been going through the same sort of thing since before christmas. you really need to seek advice before you do anything drastic like leaving the property for good.

sending you big hugs

sue
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2007, 10:52 AM
All that everybody has said makes sense so can't add anymore on that score.
Can send you (((Hugs))) though.xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 11:06 AM
So sorry Lorna, I know how bad you're feeling. Wish I could help in some way, but like everyone else has already said, try and see if you do have some rights to stay where you are, at least until you can sort something else out for yourself. I've been exactly where you are with a boyfriend I lived with when I was your age. He told me it was over, I cried and cried buckets, and everytime he came home he would just ignore it all, as he said he had no feelings for me anymore. He sat and cuddled the dogs, but ignored my tears, I just didn't know what to do at the time, but you know what? I suddenly came to my senses, started packing, felt a lot better after all those tears, gave him the same treatment he had given me, organised a furniture removal van to take my stuff back to my parents, and he turned up just before they arrived with a big bunch of flowers and choccies!! Desperate does not look good, you have to somehow bring yourself around into thinking you'll get over this and accept the situation for what it is, you're so young too, you can do it! You might see a sudden change in your partner just like I did, I really hope so if that's what you want, but hopefully you'll come out the other side of this feeling so good about yourself you won't want her anyway. Try and seek some legal advice Monday, if not today somehow, but definitely stay put!! That's my advice,even if you move into another room out of her way. I'm so so sorry, you're such a sweet person, I don't know how she could treat you like this I really don't! You must ask her why too, you deserve to know. Take care sweet.xxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone,

She was up and out of the house by 7.45am this morning (she normally doesn't even wake up until midday on the weekend!) I think her ex is involved.

As for the house, I don't want it anyway....I don't want to live up here without her, my dad lives in Wales, I think I'm going to head down there and try and get myself sorted with my own place. Two of the dogs are mine (the dalmatians) the alsatian is hers, which hurts as I love her to bits, as are both of the cats, but thats the way it goes.

I can't believe how cold she is being, we were having a laugh last night and I said to her, "see we do get along fine" and she said, "yes i know, i just don't want to be with you, I want to be single"....which screams "affair" to me. I think she's gone out with the ex today.

Anyway, I deserve better than this. I want to make something of myself, really move forward with my life, spend time with my dogs, show Blue, do agility with Blue. All things she made me feel guilty for doing.

I'm still hurting, and when I think about it for longer than a few mins at a time I cry my eyes out, but I'm going to stay with Lottie (she's on here) with Blue for a bit, so I'm sure having fun with her will take my mind off it all.

Thank you all for your very kind supportive words, I love you all xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 11:50 AM
..... and remember, we love you too, and we're always, always here for you!!!!

You sound like you've now got your determined hat on, so onwards and upwards all the way for you now Lorna!!! Take care.xxxxxxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 12:13 PM
My mood changes from one min to the next, one second I'm optimistic, the next I just want to die....I'm so pathetic
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Your not pathetic hun Your only human.

Massive {{{hugs}}} to you X
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Thank you, I really do appreciate all your support, I just wish I could rewind and this have never happened. She used to be so loving and caring, I want everything to be how it used to be. But I know I'll never have that now. I don't see how I will ever get over this completely, it just feels so unfair, that someone I know better than I've ever known anyone, is now like a stranger to me.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Belive me when I say (I'm currently seperated) when the final decision has been made that it is actually all over, this time next year you will be wondering what all the fuss was about. I know things are very hard for you at this present time as it is comming across in your posts, I no longer get upset now about my Ex I just realise he wasn't actually worthy of my love or my commitment to him I was wasted on him, you will feel like this too when the upset and shock of what is happening is over, you are still very young and have your life to live, so live it, waste no more time worrying about 'what could have been'
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »