Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 09:33 PM

Gardening..

I think that time has come round, when I need to get out in the garden and tidy up!! I hate gardening when it's cold, so some of the rose's are going to be pruned late, and it looks a mess!

When we moved here the garden was massive compared to our previous garden and we did a major works, and spent loads of money as the elderly previous owners had numerous sheds and greenhouses and vegetable plots. ( I now realise why)

In the first few years we put in as much evergreen in the garden as possible. All that has grown now and we have a nice coverage along the back fence which backs onto 4 properties, along with a beautiful very mature Holly tree which is great at Christmas for indoor decs.

We also built a raised pagoda on decking covered in a sweetly scented white climbing rose.

Last year we pulled out all the shrubs that faced south west as they were more woody than anything else, we then paved and put a new summer house there, and a seating area.

At it's best the garden looked beautiful, but is looking tatty now, so I must get out there.

How about a garden picture thread, "At it's worst" then "At it's best" ??
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Good idea. I can post a "before" picture now but the "after" picture may be a few months yet because it's a work in progress. After several years of neglect through lack of time and money I'm starting the garden again from scratch this year. There's a long way to go...I'm getting there though!

These are "before" (at the beginning of the year):
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...5/DSCF2445.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...5/terraces.jpg

This is "in progress"
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...5/DSCF2542.jpg

I will post more as I do more work!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 10:44 PM
I did my garden last year (no plants yet, cos can't afford any!)

It went from this:
Looking from the house down the garden:

Looking from the bottom of the garden to the house:

To this:
Looking from the house down:

From the bottom of the garden towards the house:

The grass has grown, and nearly covers the whole lawn now - its just patchy!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 09:55 AM
What a brilliant idea. I love gadening and gardening threads in case no one has noticed.

I will post some later I am just off out now be back soon. Hevvur do you try to keep the dogs down the bottom (slabbed/patio bit)

Excellent pictures everyone, really good. Looking forward to everyone's picures.

Karen
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Teagan can't get onto the grass unless I let her (I do occasionally if it's dry), but she likes to sit/walk on the flower beds, so when there are plants, she wont be on there at all! lol
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Well the weather held out, and managed to get a fair bit done today, with OH and harvey of course.

We must have in excess of 20 bags of garden rubbish already. Cut the grass for the first time which made it all look a lot neater.

Not had the camera out today, but if it's nice tomorrow, I will be out there again and will take some pictures.

Indoors now with backache and feel totally knackered, but nothing a good soak in the bath cant remedy.

Pictures tomorrow.......
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 08:23 PM
I enjoy gardening but it as been to cold to go out and do any weeding although my bulbs are coming up very nicely
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 09:34 PM
This is a nice thread, I get to be nosy and see your gardens They all look good! I've never done any gardening but I think it mught be my new hobby
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 09:40 PM
I used to really dislike gardening, until last year. Something happened and I suddenly got into it! Have been out and tidied up, bought a couple of new plants this week too.

I used to have loads of house plants, then 10 years something happened and I seemed to kill them, so not had any - until now, bought one last weekend and 4 today!!!! Fingers crossed these survive!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Well, my daughter came home looked through the kitchen window and said "who did the garden" ? So there must be some improvement.... out again tomorrow as the forecast is good.

Harvey has slept all evening bless him, it must be due to running off with the bags, trowel, gloves, well anything hi could get hold off!!!
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »