View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Is it an item of clothing???...I wouldn't like to just 'sponge clean' it...lol I would feel it wasn't getting clean?!?

Ohh just a thought does your washing machine have a handwash option cuz you could try that. Or at least a 'delicates' option, low temp and slower spin etc
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm exactly the same throw it in the washer on a cool wash always works for me except for last week when i threw my oh's jumper in it came out very small i told him i would have to have it now as there is no way it would now fit him i told him the washer is on the blink lol.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 06:14 PM
No it's a cover from a baby's bouncy chair. It was clean just a big niffy - stale spicy cooking smell. It says on the label sponge clean only and there is a picture of a hand going into a tub with a big cross through it whatever that means .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
I'd chuck it in the machine Lucky, if it fits? I even put Dave's trainers in the washing machine Is it padded then, or just a flimsy cover? I'm sure it will be ok on a quickwash or woollen wash I used to stuff my horse's quilted rugs in the wash that said dry clean only, and they always survived - mind you the washing machine didn't sometimes!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah it's padded.
at Dave's trainers.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 08:30 PM
What does 'wash' mean? (Pete part of Petebren)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Yeah it's padded.
at Dave's trainers.
Well I put my padded cushions from the kitchen chairs in the machines, coz the covers don't come off, and they wash up nicely. I think the reason they want you to sponge clean yours, is probably because it's got a protective coating on, and if you wash it, then you will wash that off if you see what I mean? That means, once washed, always has to be washed as it won't have any protection on it to sponge any stains off again.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
It says on the label sponge clean only and there is a picture of a hand going into a tub with a big cross through it.
Don't know what that is - it isn't on the official list

http://www.pubquizhelp.34sp.com/misc/washcare.html

although it would suggest "don't handwash", which by implication could mean that you can "machine wash"

Might go out of shape if you machine wash it though.

If it is clean, but just smells, try spraying it with Febreze
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks Roy I was looking for a list of washing symbols for work !

That's great ...

LC If it is the cover from a baby's bouncy chair it may need a wash, you can do this while it is still on the frame using almost cold water and some mild washing powder like Lux/baby safe powder ..

dissolve the powder it in warm water and top up with cold,
using a cloth wash the chair,
now rinse with almost cold water.

I would not use any substances if it is a baby chair and likely to come into contact with a baby's skin .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2