View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 12:03 AM
well, i live in guildford... its not particuarly affordable tho. But there is some nice countryside to walk indie in. Loads of different common walks and country pubs where u can sit in the garden with the dog on a warm summers day... when we get one,lol.
I feel safe in guildford... well, safer than when i was in luton anyway!

Im not sure where i would move to if i could... but im liking the pictures of the walks some of u guys have and the docks! maybe near the beach.... somewhere warm.... maybe further up north cos northerners are nicer! lol.
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli
Ahhhh no - it is the remoteness that makes Wester Ross and such areas sooooo attractive and wonderful And all that magical wildlife too!
With you all the way there Moobli, alas, it's not the remoteness in and of itself to which I refer, but my need to be close to an airport which precludes my ever living in such a place. Until I'm retired or go mad - whichever comes first.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2005, 09:26 AM
I live in Farnham, Surrey just outside of Guildford and i love it. Has lots of nice greenery around but still very near town life too.

Jodie
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 12:47 PM
I live in Edinburgh. It's seems an OK place. Only been here since May 2004 though. Plenty to do and see - house prices are shocking though!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2005, 03:50 PM
My dream is to move to the NW Highlands of Scotland - first choice is Shiel Bridge in the shadow of the Five Sisters of Kintail
Like this, eh, Moobli? We came very close to going to Letterfearn (bottom of pic), but the move to Orkney proved to be a lot easier!

I have a 20" x 30" print of that pic up on my lounge wall, one of my favourites of all my "scenic" pics.

If the pic could be extended a bit to the left, you'd see Eilean Donan Castle on the other side of the loch - the castle that appeared in "Highlander", and on the lids of millions of shortbread tins!

Snorri
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
Like this, eh, Moobli? We came very close to going to Letterfearn (bottom of pic), but the move to Orkney proved to be a lot easier!

Snorri
That's a fabulous pic Snorri! I stayed in Letterfearn last year (Sgeir Laith cottage) and am going again in March - can't wait! I have also stayed at Ratagan on four or five previous occasions. I just LOVE this area.

If you don't mind me asking, how was the move to Orkney easier? Thanks.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Catmelodian
With you all the way there Moobli, alas, it's not the remoteness in and of itself to which I refer, but my need to be close to an airport which precludes my ever living in such a place. Until I'm retired or go mad - whichever comes first.
Ahh I see Catmelodian, and understand. I *may* be able to find work in Fort William, but when I do make the move North, I'd rather live somewhere remote and gorgeous ... so am a bit stuck for now.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2005, 04:30 PM
That's a fabulous pic Snorri! I stayed in Letterfearn last year (Sgeir Laith cottage) and am going again in March - can't wait! I have also stayed at Ratagan on four or five previous occasions. I just LOVE this area.

If you don't mind me asking, how was the move to Orkney easier? Thanks.
It was easier becuase Mrs S got a job here, and I was supposed to be able to transfer from Edinburgh HQ to Kirkwall Benefit Office. Also, we had friends here who were willing to look at houses, to see if they were worth coming up to see!

The worst bit was trying to sell the flat I had in Edinburgh - it was right at the time when the Tories pushed the interest rates up to 15% ! Didn't get what it was worth, but so what - it's only money

Needless to say, the Employment Service broke its own rules on transfers and ****** me up on that, as well. Nevertheless, we made it! And the E S can stick it where the sun don't shine!

Snorri
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 07:45 PM
we live in sunny portsmouth and really hate it at times. We would love to live in dorset - around the wareham area or would love to live near hartlepool. both are for very personal reasons but i doubt we will be moving in the near future (unfortunately)
hunnybaby1232000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2005, 08:41 PM
I moved to Luton with the now EX husband from Clayhall, Essex in 1987, we decided on Luton as his brother lived here and the house prices were an awful lot cheaper also back then it didnt find it such an undesirable place to live.

I live in stopsley which is on the outskirts of luton and to be honest i dont really like it, the schools leave a lot to be desired, some of the local people are not the sorts i like to mix with, the crime rates are pretty bad and we have an awful lot of asylum seekers here (no offence mean't) which i feel is a drain on our local community within housing, benefits, schooling etc
although on a good point we have an awful lot of greenary around parks/fields etc so great for the dogs.
I would like to move to cambridgeshire, my sister lives in cambourne and my parents live in stamford Lincs (not too far from cambridge).
So im hoping in the near future to move away to a much nicer place.
(I hope i do not upset any fellow dogwebbers from Luton)
I have been looking at your photographs and some of you live in the most beautiful parts of the UK.

michelle

michelle
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >