View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loustaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2005, 01:24 AM
oh defo go to oz!! my mum has just emigrated out there and she phoned me tonite after arriving in sydney... i was so envious.. could hear the birds.. there was even a wombat on the decking. shes stayin at my uncles for time being...

anyway back to where i live.. near ormskirk... only thing its good for is thats its not far from southport beach and ainsdale.. good for the dogs!! but i am a southerner and miss it! originally from milton keynes.. the land of concrete cows and roundabouts!! ideally i would to go to australia... failing that anywhere near the coast or a lovely house smack bang in the middle of nowhere!!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 02:01 AM
In the middle of nowhere. No people who hate dogs, no roads to run my dogs down, no polution to give my dogs cancer. No signs to say no dog ****e here, no-one to tell me my dog is a wild animal, no one to say my dog isnt a pedigree, no-one to tell me my dog is a mongrel, no-one except me & my dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bliss!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 08:23 AM
I moved to Southern Ireland. It's not just the scenery and open spaces and empty roads that you get in parts of the UK (I was born in Great Malvern and also lived in Scotland for a while) but the different politics - no "political correctness" - the Gardai (police)actually have some clout (if you have a row in the street you WILL get arrested and WILL get a fine). The elderly are looked after far better, there is no Council tax or water rates, the people are lovely, no-one has heard of road rage, the shops are generally not crowded..... think England in the 1950's.....
Dog shows are a pleasure and not a stressful overcrowded endurance test.

I have got used to the currency, kilometres instead of miles, and have even learned some Irish!

My dogs love it too.

Slan!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Steve
It is nice here Foxy-this is a link to our towns website with piccys!

http://www.stives-town.info/album.htm
Oooh yes it looks lovely there Steve - just packing my Baileys and I'm on my way
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy
I moved to Southern Ireland. It's not just the scenery and open spaces and empty roads that you get in parts of the UK (I was born in Great Malvern and also lived in Scotland for a while) but the different politics - no "political correctness" - the Gardai (police)actually have some clout (if you have a row in the street you WILL get arrested and WILL get a fine). The elderly are looked after far better, there is no Council tax or water rates, the people are lovely, no-one has heard of road rage, the shops are generally not crowded..... think England in the 1950's.....
Dog shows are a pleasure and not a stressful overcrowded endurance test.

I have got used to the currency, kilometres instead of miles, and have even learned some Irish!

My dogs love it too.

Slan!

Oh it sounds great there Sian - I would love to live somewhere like that where the police actually do their job - these days the police in England just can't be bothered they are entirely hopeless and thats why things have got so bad over here, well that and the fact the courts let the criminals off with slapped wrists when the Police do actually catch them And no council tax or water rates - that sounds like heaven
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2005, 10:32 AM
i would go backto the Ancestry homelands, Scotland, Cumbria or South Wales, i intend on leaving Coventry one day, its all moving to fast for me and is far to busy and far to full of ignorant people people in fake Burberry caps i intend on moving to a little house in the middle of nowhere where the cats can go out and not worry about if someone is going to burn/shoot/stab them etc and be able to walk the dogs off lead most of the time, and be able to not worry about not locking your doors, oh the pitfalls of living here
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Luke
i would go backto the Ancestry homelands, Scotland, Cumbria or South Wales, i intend on leaving Coventry one day, its all moving to fast for me and is far to busy and far to full of ignorant people people in fake Burberry caps i intend on moving to a little house in the middle of nowhere where the cats can go out and not worry about if someone is going to burn/shoot/stab them etc and be able to walk the dogs off lead most of the time, and be able to not worry about not locking your doors, oh the pitfalls of living here

Het lives in Cumbria Luke - I'm sure she could find a bit of space for you if you wanted to move in - and you will get Maxwell then as well See I am full of good ideas aren't I.

Better wait till the spots have gone first though
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Het lives in Cumbria Luke - I'm sure she could find a bit of space for you if you wanted to move in - and you will get Maxwell then as well See I am full of good ideas aren't I.

Better wait till the spots have gone first though
Oh no i couldnt live with Het, i wouldnt be able to sleep with all those thgings that go bump in the night at Hets house...........
and im warning you Foxy bring up those spots again and i will post something nastier than the grinchy picture, believe me
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Willow you lucky thing I can't believe you live in the New Forest!

We took Archie there recently and fell in love Sooo lovely and such great dogwalks!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Oooh yes it looks lovely there Steve - just packing my Baileys and I'm on my way
I dont think the brewerys could keep up with demand Foxy...
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »