Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Thank you Moyra we are feeling a lot better thank you than we have been.

Wet here today to and cooler which is nice. Hope the skies clear for later for the Perseid (sp) showers. Not a clear sky last night to see them.

Loads of bits of papers to sign today to get back to agent tomorrow to get over to solicitor as soon as.
Clean up the uncomfortable sofa bed we have only used a handful of times while mark lived here and Joel was here and Michael and Maca came to stay Gorden and I use to sleep on it. Now in the conservatory taking up room certainly will not fit in the bungalow if it all goes ahead. Plus a king size wooden bed frame and Michael's weight bench if we can find the fixture and fittings to go on our local buy, sell, swap it site. if we cannot find the bits for the weight bench we will stick it out the front as scrap. Sure the gypsies will take it for the metal.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Thats a good way to move a friend of mine just moved from house to bungalow and despite all of us saying "sort it now hilary" they left it till they moved and panicked............and they had a month crossover time wise while still in house and having bungalow keys.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Good afternoon all.

Nice walk this morning. It was drizzly so the crowds didn't invade - me thinks the carnival may be a bit of a flop with the weather. We went in early and got back about noon so avoided all the road closures.

When we moved here it was from a four bedroomed bungalow to a two. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff we had to get rid of. Funny thing is, I've just had a bit sort out and most of the stuff I've thrown is the stuff we did move from the old bungalow which we've never even looked at since .
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Glad you got a more peaceful walk than expected Chris.

We were busy routing around cupboards etc., looking for fixings for bed frame and couldn't find them then wondered if they had been put in the loft and hey presto they were.
In the meantime I found a bag with some papers and photos of my granny dad's mum didn't know I had that and my grandad dad's dad. Plus dad's sign up papers. 3/8/ 1936 19 years old Essex regiment straight off to Dunkirk he was there for 237 days till 1940. He was one of the last off I always remember him telling me that. He was lucky to get off.
Also paperwork about his time in the officers mess his report etc., such interesting stuff and a bit of a tear jerker to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2018, 04:46 PM
Lynn, that's the stuff money can't buy
Chris, pleased it was quiet
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Omg... just had the guy from next door round..the 1 having all the work done.... apparently the house was vandalized..had I heard anything, saw any vehicles..I said no, just your builders on Saturday... said I heard crashing in the house, it's them that did it!!!! Apparently he complained about work and they came in and ripped all the electrics out and trashed the place, they thought they were being clever parking outside our house..... guess who has CCTV lol. Caught them both red handed
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Certainly is griff was lovely to look through.
They didn't bet on you being able to identify them did they ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Lol..nope, just need to get a memory stick or HDD to put the footage on... will take me a couple of hours to suss it out, don't get me wrong...I am annoyed with all the noise etc but that's just not right, I am not noisy but was in bed and thought what the bells that? Looked out the window, saw a he vans and thought no more about it, will happily give a statement, give the footage and go to court if needs be
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Certainly no need for that behaviour.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2018, 06:22 PM
If the work wasn't right..he had another electrician out to assess it, then they should put it right..that and gas you can't be too careful with..I just can't believe they didn't park outside his house put picked the only 1 out of 4 with an obvious camera in the window lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2