Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-08-2018, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Popped our id over today for estate agent, set up the on line payment plan

Oh Lynn I'm sure you know about this but all the 'on line' payment scams continue and have made me very nervous.

When we bought our house I made the soliciter to send me a letter with the sellers details, and then I took that letter to the bank and made them to do the transfer.

No way would I transfer money on line it's just too risky. Even if the fraudster doesn't send you an e-mail saying the bank account number has changed they can still hack into your computer and when you press the send button they can divert it.

Some really sad cases recently involving hundreds of thousands, sometimes the bank makes restitution but what they never do is compensate you for all the worry and time sorting out the fraud and of course they never catch the bar stewards who are doing it.

Let your soliciter and your bank earn their fees and make them do the transfer
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2018, 10:05 PM
This is so typical Doing a browse of rightmove and this came on the market today.
In a village we had tried to get a viewing on a bungalow and couldn't get in and think the other couple did the dirty when we were all there waiting the second time on a Saturday. They said like us they weren't playing the game anymore and low and behold it went under offer on the Monday.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-55918401.html

What would you do ? I am so tempted to go and see it and if I like it make an offer in the hopes of it being accepted.
It looks like everything I had in my head and was looking for.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2018, 10:30 PM
I would go and see buying a home is as much about your heart as your head
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2018, 10:37 PM
We paid through internet bank transfer when we bought Gary's flat. We paid it to the solicitor who, in turn paid for the sale. It did worry me, but it went without a glitch.

It was a case of needs must with us. Our own bank is a hundred miles away. The nearest branch of the same bank is 35 miles away and we needed a quicker transfer than paying a cheque over to the solicitor (45ish miles away)

It seems we never have an 'easy' option in anything we do
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
We paid it to the solicitor who, in turn paid for the sale. It did worry me, but it went without a glitch.

Yes, I suppose most transactions go OK and you would have been smart enough to phone your solicitor if you suddenly received an e-mail saying "We have changed our bank account details please use this new account"

But a lot of people are busy and also don't 'think' and after all if you get an e-mail which has all the look of your solicitors previous e-mails and is even signed with the same 'name' (that you have been dealing with) one can understand how it happens.

But I'm rapidly becomming a techno-phobe Don't trust anyone haha.

I am concerned our bank (One of the big four) may close our local branch so asked the manager when I was lucky to catch him out of his office one day. He assured me that no way would this branch be closing, they are closing branches but only those they aquired during some take over or whatever.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
What would you do ?

Don't know what to suggest Lynn. The link shows a bungalow with the front door going into bedroom 1 is that correct??? Seems a bit odd. Nice garden 'tho.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2