Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2018, 07:13 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 25th July.

Good morning everyone. I am definitely hibernating, just cannot take this heat. Those poor poor people in Greece and Japan. I do hope you are all ok and your four legged friends too, poor things cannot take their coats off.

Griff, hope Kota is ok and you too, don't forget to take your magic pill.

Lynn, hope Dillon is bearing up in this heat and good luck if you go viewing today.

Harvey, hope Casey is ok and you and your OH too.

Brenda hope Tyto is ok and you are coping with the heat too.

Chris, Sue, Barry and all our other friends hope you are all ok too.

Have a good day all, stay cool, safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2018, 07:23 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Lovely sunny warm day bit a bit fresher today which is nice.

Dillon is doing well thank you Moyra he has early walks f we are up in time. If not he has a few short games and spends the rest of the day in front of fans. No viewings today the one we were meant to view got taken off due to a family member deciding they wanted to rent.
Waiting for a call about when we can view this one we turned up for yesterday then couldn't view as the woman's daughter had her baby. From the outside looked promising.
So I think and we are hoping for a quiet day today pottering.

Moyra dreadful isn't it the fires can't begin to imagine or want to the distress they must be feeling.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Morning all
Kota is good thanks for asking, she is confined to the house today as the fence is ripped down and being replaced. No chemo today, the Dr said if I didn't feel like taking it due to my infection I could leave off...so I have done
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2018, 08:09 AM
Glad Kota is doing well griff. What a pain with the fence situation, hope you feel better soon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2018, 10:20 AM
The dogs are doing my head in...I have to keep taking them to the brook for wee's
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Kota is good thanks for asking, she is confined to the house today as the fence is ripped down and being replaced. No chemo today, the Dr said if I didn't feel like taking it due to my infection I could leave off...so I have done

Just popped in to see how Kota is. Hope the fence gets sorted then she can go out and have a wee

Well I expect you were happy at the Docs advice, hope you are over the problem next week even if that does mean you have to start on the little white pills again. How many do you take ? Moyra seems to think it's one but I'm sure you said it was more.

Casey's Lanoxin Pg is four tiny blue pills. I get them from the pharmacist as they are for humans too

As I'm in the age group where we are not supposed to go out I am confined to the house I did go out early this morning, took Casey for a little stroll around and picked up some stuff at the local store, was back home before 9

Think I'll have a snooze now since I can't go out
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Good afternoon all.

It's quite nice here with a lovely northerly breeze to keep things bearable outside. Inside, it's fans all the way.

Glad Kota is doing so well Kelly. I bet you took an awful lot of persuading not to take those pills you love so much

Washing machine ordered for Gary and that's coming on Saturday. He seems to manage to break the doors every couple of years or so. I'm gathering recommendations for a joiner to alter his bed so that should be sorted soon. Goodness knows what he'll come up with next

We do take Rosie out with us every morning, but when it's this hot, we pick our shaded route and have plenty of sit downs and drinks. She actually copes better on our walk than she does inside at home
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2018, 03:21 PM
I have to take 10 tablets every Wednesday Harvey
You are right Chris..I really did need a lot of persuading!!
Fence hit a problem but garden is secure and they are coming back as quickly as they can..both are firefighters but do this in their spare time
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Afternoon all.

The dreaded bush in the front is cut down Mom feels rough not ill just tired weather I think so the window man is coming tomorrow 10am.

Out in the front a couple of the pieris have surcumber desipte my best efforts to the weather the front is south facing...................so I am thinking of replanning the front been bugging me for a while but loahe to move established plants like the pieris's however this solves the problem they are old though think I will get a couple of chaps in to clear the raised sections down then start again make it easy to maintain. And stylish

Lynn enjoy your pottering
GriffAt least you are secure...............
Chris Weird you say that about your machine I have recently noticed out machine door is lose and watching Mom I see she now leans onto the door to put washing in so obviously working the hinge away. So will be in the market myself shortly. May go washer dryer. Whats happening to the bed I thought it was new?
Losos I hope you enjoyed your nap.
Moyra Enjoy your hibernation .
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2018, 06:12 PM
Oh the bed is new. The original mattress that came with it was a thin one and soon you could feel the springs so a new mattress was bought. Unfortunately, the new mattress is a deep one and so comes nearly to the top of the baseboard and he says he's catching his feet on it so, joiner required to reduce the height. I could kill him because I did warn him about the baseboard on the frame when we bought it but he said it was OK (I have same bed). In fairness to him, it probably was with the smaller mattress and the bed frame is perfect in that it is lower to the floor so not as far to fall if he has a fit. It'll get sorted, I'm sure
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >