Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
my dogs are firmly kept away by a simple chicken wire fence..
collie has clumsy big feet..
pretty rose!
I like that idea but our garden is so tiny I think it would make it look like a prison. I'm just hoping the plants survive until they get to a more study size.

I'm struggling with how to revive and then protect the lawn that was green when we moved in at the end of march. The dogs weeing has burnt a lot of the grass away.

To give more of an idea of how small it is, that's a smaller than usual she'd and a normal sized children's slide. Easy to maintain though and no chance of me not noticing when one of the dogs has pooed!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I like that idea but our garden is so tiny I think it would make it look like a prison. I'm just hoping the plants survive until they get to a more study size.

I'm struggling with how to revive and then protect the lawn that was green when we moved in at the end of march. The dogs weeing has burnt a lot of the grass away.

To give more of an idea of how small it is, that's a smaller than usual she'd and a normal sized children's slide. Easy to maintain though and no chance of me not noticing when one of the dogs has pooed!
do you need a lawn? Always will be the same problem with the dogs... why not a very wide paved path with a few featured plants you can protect from the dogs...containers are great in small gardens.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 09:18 PM
do you need a lawn? Always will be the same problem with the dogs... why not a very wide paved path with a few featured plants you can protect from the dogs...containers are great in small gardens.
Unforunately we have to keep it like it is due to the tenancy agreement.....the other reason why we need to find a solution. I've read aboth using clover instead of grass, and some other ways to help it.
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 10:56 PM
What a lovely colour rose .The plant looks very healthy too
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Unforunately we have to keep it like it is due to the tenancy agreement.....the other reason why we need to find a solution. I've read aboth using clover instead of grass, and some other ways to help it.
landlords! words fail!

nb fence need not be high or heavy. mine is all but invisible.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Our yard is quite large enough for lots of plants, but we are garbage at plant growing. The dog wee has burned away lots of the grass in the front, as well.

We don't have time to water it all away each time they go and Nigredo runs about the yard and goes all over the place anyway. We just have learned to wince and keep moving
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2014, 07:25 AM
What a beautiful rose Myra - as for learning how to use your new camera - I just gave up and take all photos on the Auto setting - and forget to put the flash wotsit up when it is needed!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
What a beautiful rose Myra - as for learning how to use your new camera - I just gave up and take all photos on the Auto setting - and forget to put the flash wotsit up when it is needed!
Thank you, Malka. My camera doesn't do super well on auto, but if you use the right settings... you'll get some really great photos. I have forgotten to push the flash up a few times, as well

I'm still fiddling with it as well as my photo software, but we'll work it out in the end, I'm sure. Happy with the ability to get some nice shots, though. I love plant photos so much.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2014, 08:33 PM
landlords! words fail!

nb fence need not be high or heavy. mine is all but invisible.
I was looking at it again today and tinning that I might give some chicken wire a go. I'd only need it down the left hand side at the moment and a bit near the gate on the right hand side. I probably wouldn't need it for long really.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2014, 07:36 AM
I was looking at it again today and tinning that I might give some chicken wire a go. I'd only need it down the left hand side at the moment and a bit near the gate on the right hand side. I probably wouldn't need it for long really.
chicken wire is perfect and what i have here and yes portable.

also deters cats if you lay it flat over areas you want to protect. learned that after catching my big boy destroying newly sown carrot patch..old net curtains also help
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2