Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 04:17 PM

Making a house a home.

Some of you may know I am in the process of moving from one end of the on site accommodation where I currently live to the other. This has the advantage that I will be in a self contained unit rather than having to share my kitchen and bathroom with another staff member. The new place is slightly smaller but still bigger than anywhere I could rent!

Anyway I have moved in to the living room so far and the bedroom, kitchen and bathroom swap will be taking place this weekend.

I posted these photo's on the Random picture thread last night but I'll put them here as well to show the difference.

First night (living room) -

Living room in to the kitchen (still has previous occupants stuff in) -

I have patio doors off of the kitchen in to the garden.

Today I have spent my time, very carefully due to a chest infection, trying to make it more homely. Have to say I'm quite pleased with my efforts.

As you can see the dogs are settling in, including laying on the backs of the furniture and squishing the cushions!

You can see the patio doors and part of the garden in this one, the mini garden is for the puppy that currently lives here -

Not sure if I'm going to leave the orange covered chair there or not, on one hand it gives another spot for the dogs since without it there is not enough room on the furniture for everyone but on the other hand it partly blocks the bathroom door (door behind it). It doesn't make it impassable though and that is actually a small corridor type door to the bathroom so it could stay open and the door behind stay closed making it easier to get in and out. If I do decide to move it, it can go in my bedroom for Scooby to sleep on -

The room obviously used to be a bedroom with built in wardrobes before being turned in to an annex -

I still need to swap the curtains over and I think that grey dog bed is going to have to live in the bedroom but that's not big deal as they don't use it much anyway -

I'll update this thread as I settle in to each room think I'll skip bathroom photo's though
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2014, 04:24 PM
The dogs look relaxed enough though Jen, so that is a big bonus - apart from not having to share a kitchen and bathroom!

Please take it easy and not try to do too much at once because of your chest infection - and I do hope you are having help to move everything. xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 04:55 PM
It looks lovely, very cosy. You will soon have it as you want it and as you have said you have it to yourself, please yourself
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
The dogs look relaxed enough though Jen, so that is a big bonus - apart from not having to share a kitchen and bathroom!

Please take it easy and not try to do too much at once because of your chest infection - and I do hope you are having help to move everything. xx
Luckily the dogs are happy as long as they are with me. I promise I am being careful, I roped a friend in today and their primary task was telling me to sit down when I needed to! xx

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
It looks lovely, very cosy. You will soon have it as you want it and as you have said you have it to yourself, please yourself
It's a nice space, small but not too small and therefore easier to heat Much as I loved the big living room it was blinking cold unless I used the fire!

Really cannot wait until I have evening in
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 05:59 PM
I hope you find happiness in your home. Looks good and easy slowly does it.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Looking good Jen Patio doors are gonna be great in the summer time aren't they?Just leave them open and the doglets can go in and out as they wish
In saying that,I leave mine open and Lacey doesn't go unless I go with
Looks so cosy
Do we have an antibiotic for that chest infection,I wonder????(( hugs))
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I hope you find happiness in your home. Looks good and easy slowly does it.
Thank you Kazz, I have roped my Dad in to help this weekend! Poor bloke

Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Looking good Jen Patio doors are gonna be great in the summer time aren't they?Just leave them open and the doglets can go in and out as they wish
In saying that,I leave mine open and Lacey doesn't go unless I go with
Looks so cosy
Do we have an antibiotic for that chest infection,I wonder????(( hugs))
I had patio doors in the other end but they opened up on to a poorly fenced garden so I rarely used them, looking forward to being able to have these ones open though. My lot love to lay outside in the sunshine, I tend to lose them on sunny days to which ever ray they have managed to find.

I have got anti-biotics, my doctor wouldn't see me on friday morning they just said to rest and drink plenty of fluids but I was coughing blood and by Friday evening felt like someone was stabbing me in the back every time I breathed and I was breathless so I got a friend to take me to A&E. they x-rayed my chest and said it wasn't pneumonia and it was more likely to be viral than bacterial but said they would give me anti-b's just to be sure. I have been off sick all week, slowly slowly moving house.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Jen, the dogs have really settled quickly, you can tell, and thats a massive bonus for you isn't it. Once you've got everything where its comfortable for you and got your own stuff around, and all the previous occupents stuff has disappeared you'll be so happy and contented, you'll wonder what you were worrying about
Meg
Supervisor

06-03-2014, 07:09 PM
It looks great Jen lovely and cosy with the doglets in their beds and the main thing is it is all yours
Meg
Supervisor

06-03-2014, 07:10 PM
It looks great Jen lovely and cosy with the doglets in their 'chosen beds' and the main thing is it is all yours
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >