Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2012, 05:49 PM

Virgin Superhub - slow internet?

I'm experiencing an intermittently slow internet, e.g. with scrolling up and down, opening new threads in Dogsey, waiting for web pages to download but it only happens after the laptop's been on for a few hours and shutting down/restarting seems to clear it so everything's normal again.

However, I'm sure it's only been like this since we were given a Virgin Superhub router/modem a short while ago, after our old modem died. Does anyone know if this is common?

Thanks.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2012, 05:55 PM
I have had exactly the same thing a couple of times with my bt home hub.
Not sure what caused it, maybe I am on too long
I just turn off and then back on, seems to cure it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2012, 05:59 PM
It's not just me then Nippy. It's so annoying - I just had to do a restart now. I wonder if Virgin would give me a reduction in our bills ...
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-12-2012, 06:22 PM
It might be worth checking memory - if you are running short on that your browser cache might be getting a bot clogged up.

I would try clearing cache too
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
It might be worth checking memory - if you are running short on that your browser cache might be getting a bot clogged up.

I would try clearing cache too
Okay, I'll try that, thanks Azz.
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-12-2012, 01:02 AM
I know the answer to this and your rather unlucky, (sorry couldn't resist) the anwser is in two words you used, virgin and superhub you should look at thier forums, there is alot of complaints about the so called less than superhub.

Virmin as I call em are one the worst isps going! my speed was a massive 1mb ish after I dropped em and went to talktalk my speed went to 13mb on the same line,have a look at the forums and see how bad they are now,best bet is to go to another isp your speed will improve then.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Harleygjc View Post
I know the answer to this and your rather unlucky, (sorry couldn't resist) the anwser is in two words you used, virgin and superhub you should look at thier forums, there is alot of complaints about the so called less than superhub.

Virmin as I call em are one the worst isps going! my speed was a massive 1mb ish after I dropped em and went to talktalk my speed went to 13mb on the same line,have a look at the forums and see how bad they are now,best bet is to go to another isp your speed will improve then.
See we are all different.
I don't use Virgin, mine is BT.
I wouldn't touch Talk Talk with a barge pole
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Happens on my laptop after it's been stood a while. First few minutes is very, very slow and sluggish then it seems to clear. My hub is BT also
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-12-2012, 10:53 AM
I used to think the same about talktalk, I stuck with virmin for years and the speeds and service got so bad I thought sod it,they can't be any worse and yet talktalk have been miles better! seems most of the isp are unreliable in one form or another, tbh I'd never goto bt as I have a big grudge with em but hey each to his own!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2012, 10:58 AM
My speed dropped when talktalk bought out my provider, went to next to nothing and despite all my complaints it picked up for a day or two, then dropped again. As soon as I could I got rid and changed to 02 and they are great, I have a mobile from them as well and get a discount for having both with them
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >