Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Dalmonda View Post
I don't think you're being harsh at all.

I just can't get my head around things.
Phew!

I wish people had been more honest with me when I was in a similar situation. Instead they all made excuses for him until I left then they all told me how much of a loser he was!

This is the same guy who didn't bother to visit you in hospital?

If it was me I would walking out and not speaking to him for a looooong time. Let him decide for himself if "Aime" really is that important!
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I can only assume he thinks more of her feelings than yours and if that isn't the case he needs to adjust his attitude somewhat.
Ask him outright if his relationship with Aimee is more important than his relationship with you. Take it from there.
Yeah, It runs through my head that he thinks more of her feelings than mine and it makes my blood boil. At the same time, He doesn't make friends easily. Infact He maybe only has 5 close friends and I think perhaps he is afraid to lose her.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah, It runs through my head that he thinks more of her feelings than mine and it makes my blood boil. At the same time, He doesn't make friends easily. Infact He maybe only has 5 close friends and I think perhaps he is afraid to lose her.
He should be more afraid to lose YOU, imo xxxxx
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Phew!

I wish people had been more honest with me when I was in a similar situation. Instead they all made excuses for him until I left then they all told me how much of a loser he was!

This is the same guy who didn't bother to visit you in hospital?

If it was me I would walking out and not speaking to him for a looooong time. Let him decide for himself if "Aime" really is that important!
YEP! This is the same guy! I left, took half the money and left my share of the house. We didn't speak for a while and then he romantically came crawling back. I kept the money though, just incase. He really opened up emotionally and I thought things would be better... seemingly after a month we are back to the same old guy. He worked really hard for a month...and then I went away for a week to work...and shes back!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Who's he more afraid of losing her or you?
Why should you compromise your relationship to accomodate her?
She has more say in what you two do together than you do, how can this possibly be right?
So he finds it difficult to make friends, does he find it difficult to keep a girlfriend?
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Who's he more afraid of losing her or you?
Why should you compromise your relationship to accomodate her?
She has more say in what you two do together than you do, how can this possibly be right?
So he finds it difficult to make friends, does he find it difficult to keep a girlfriend?
You're right.

I really don't see why she is so interested in him, or us. She starts texting at 7am and doesnt stop until 11pm (after they've been no more than 4 ft away from eachother for 9 hours). In my mind shes a pest. Until this all started I thought she was a really nice young woman. Now I find her a pest. We went to dinner and she text asking him to watch a movie with her... respectfully he didnt reply and then she text every minute until she got a reply.

Her interest isn't sexual but I do wonder if emotionally they are partically "together"
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:15 PM

Her interest isn't sexual but I do wonder if emotionally they are partically "together"
i think this sometimes can be worse than physically cheating...the emotional bond is there...she sounds a bit Glenn Close to me!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Why didn't he simply turn his phone off? This all sounds very "off"
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Why didn't he simply turn his phone off? This all sounds very "off"
Because that would be rude wouldn't it Only... he will turn his phone off when Im waiting for him at 2am when he said he'd be home at 11...

I honestly don't think he has it in him to Cheat..cheat. He is happy for me to read all his messages and I never saw anything "suspect" but its a little upsetting when she makes a comment about me and he answers with "lol" not "please don't talk about her like that"

I also can't see why this girls partner isn't complaining. Or perhaps she is.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2012, 06:20 PM
He needs to turn his phone off or put it on silent then doesn't he. If he must then he could check it once an hour. If when he checks it he has a whole load of texts from her he might just realise how intrusive she is being.
Maybe her relationship isn't as great as she makes out if she's busy texting him all day and night. She's doing it because she gets a response and he has to realise that if he stops responding and being on call all day and night she might just find someone else to annoy. Can he really not see how intrusive it is?
I'd tell him I'm happy for you to be friends with her and you can go to lunch together every day and have the odd text but apart from that when you're with me, you're with me or else you're on your own mate. I'm your girlfriend and while I have no wish to intrude on your friendships, I won't take a back seat to them either. Shape up or ship out.
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »