View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 03:27 PM
So sorry to hear this news. I have no idea how you deal with this but remember people are here for you.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 03:31 PM
I know now isn't the time to wallow in self pity but I feel so cheated. I'm not even 30 years old and I'll have lost both my parents to cancer we were planning a holiday together which we will never take. She won't be at my wedding. She'll never get to meet her first grandchild. She's only in her 60's. It just all feels so unfair
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I too lost both parents to cancer. I was living down in Cornwall when my dad was diagnosed and immediately went to London to stay with him but he was taken into hosp quite quickly so I stayed at his place so I could visit every day.

It was said he would have another 6 months - I returned to Cornwall planning to get him down to me for a holiday but he died in the hosp. a few days later

With my mum she had only been ill for 3 wks - they diagnosed bronchitis, then took her into hospital and discovered lung cancer but she was treated and was being assessed for living at home independently. Then, within days, I was suddenly called with them telling me if I wanted to see her one last time before she died I had better get down there PDQ. I arrived in the afternoon - she died during the night.

I am glad neither of them suffered weeks or even months of agony or pain.

I do understand the shock you are experiencing. It took me a long time to admit that it was actually better than going through months or even years of mental anguish on their part and the toll it would have taken on me and my family, the eldest of six and the only one not working outside the home at the time - so being naturally 'expected' to step into the breach with both of them.

My dad was given 6 months and lasted about 3 weeks. My mum was given a sort of 'indefinite' period and lasted even less than that.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm so so sorry to hear that. Thank you for sharing your story. I guess doctors never know. I'm glad there are others who understand. My mum was doing Zumba classes before Christmas! It's unbelievable how fast cancer can strike. I agree with you though, better than months and months of pain
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Sorry to hear this. Loads of good advice and suggestions.
Wishing you strength to get through ths difficult time.

Cain is there for you now and will be afterwards too. He will be fine. xx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I know now isn't the time to wallow in self pity but I feel so cheated. I'm not even 30 years old and I'll have lost both my parents to cancer we were planning a holiday together which we will never take. She won't be at my wedding. She'll never get to meet her first grandchild. She's only in her 60's. It just all feels so unfair
That is so sad-like is so unfair at times. My husband too lost his Mum to cancer when he was only 15 and he was an orphan having never known his Dad
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Thinking of you at this terrible time. Life is unfair hun. Big hugs x
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks all. On the plus side, mum has decided that the hospice is very nice and she is ok to stay here at the moment. They've also said we can take Cain in to visit.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I am pleased that your mum has settled down, that must be a weight off of your mind. The hospice sounds very nice.

I lost my mum to cancer too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2012, 04:54 PM
I am so sorry to hear the latest update Amanda.

I am pleased to hear your mum is settling in and it will be nice to take Cain too if you feel he can manage the visit.

(((Hugs))) to you all. X
Page 7 of 28 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »