View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 12:51 PM

About to tear the rest of my hair out now!

You wouldn't believe just how stressful this past couple of weeks has been with our house sale/purchase, one minute it's on, then something has happened and it might be off again, up and down it went, and then this morning I get an e-mail from our solicitors, saying all is fine for our sale, our buyers are accepting indemnity policies for our lack of building regs/planning for the utility room and en-suite at the back downstairs which was done 20 years ago Great I thought and then.....

She still hasn't received a vital piece of documentation to state that we have right of access to our house, over an unadopted road, but again an indemnity will sort that out and a letter that's on it's way........ and then.....

I just got an e-mail from her saying our seller has insisted that completion day is the 11th May and NOT the 4th as she has known all along, as the other 3 of us have wanted because of the bank holiday!!!! Grrrrr!!! I have replied to my solicitor saying that she will have to bend slightly on this one, because the 3 of US want the 4th, it is US who need a roof over our heads whereas she has an empty house and she lives elsewhere!!! It all stems from the fact that she never got around to selling any of the furniture in it because she has been going down there for her little breaks, doing a bit of this and that, maybe packing up a box or two and didn't like to have the place empty, so now she's coming unstuck!

Anyway, I've just rung her agent up and he is going to ring her to nicely ask if it CAN be the 4th May as arranged, although once we've exchanged I really don't give 2 hoots whether we get 3 weeks or 2 weeks afterwards, but why should I have to e-mail my own buyers to tell them this bad news and see if they will agree to the 11th!!! Or am I being over-stressed and ar*y about it??? She KNEW from our constant e-mail conversations that we all wanted the 4th and now she is panicking, whereas we are all organised. She has even planned to go away for 3 days on the 3rd May for a holiday, and that was planned AFTER she knew we were aiming forf a completion on the 4th!! I told her it wouldn't matter anyway coz the agent would have the keys to give to us, we don't want her there when we move in thanks!!!

Rant over......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Oh blimey Helena count to ten.

What a silly thing to do arrange a holiday when you know you should be moving. I think either your agent or Solicitor should deal with this.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes, I know Lynn, I've just spoken with my own agent along with her agent, and her agent is going to ring her and ask her "nicely" coz she could refuse, whereas I wouldn't be able to "ask her nicely"!!! My own agent has said to wait for a reply from them before we contact my own buyers because we really don't want to upset the boat do we, or even rock it .

I can see what's going to happen, I will be living in that caravan for a week with Dave and Zena with all our stuff in storage won't I!!! Now what did I say at the very start of this house move about caravans and trailer trash!!!! Jeeeze, I never want to move again, they can take me outta there in me box!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, I know Lynn, I've just spoken with my own agent along with her agent, and her agent is going to ring her and ask her "nicely" coz she could refuse, whereas I wouldn't be able to "ask her nicely"!!! My own agent has said to wait for a reply from them before we contact my own buyers because we really don't want to upset the boat do we, or even rock it .

I can see what's going to happen, I will be living in that caravan for a week with Dave and Zena with all our stuff in storage won't I!!! Now what did I say at the very start of this house move about caravans and trailer trash!!!! Jeeeze, I never want to move again, they can take me outta there in me box!!!!
You're sounding like my mum and that box

You trailer trash never. Mrs Bucket would be getting Richard to pay for a nice posh hotel somewhere.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Stupid woman......

Push for the 4th, Aitch, dig your heels in girl

x0x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Chains. Arghhh! I always insisted on buying with NO chain and selling to first time buyers. You still get hiccups occasionally but not the dreaded CHAIN one!

Good luck with it.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Our last move got a bit messy but we didn't have much of a chain. However, we ended up spending an extra night in the old house (with 9 dogs) after the lady buyer moved in. She even walked the dogs with me the next day!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Helena, you pay solicitors and agents to sort this sort of stuff out. If you're gonna kick ass, it theirs.

Getting personally involved with buyers and sellers can backfire big style as everyone gets friendly then sooner or later, someone tries to take advantage.

Me? I'd be on the 'phone to my solicitor telling her to 'phone and fax the seller's solicitor and insisting you have an answer by close of play today. Then I'd be on the 'phone on the hour every hour for progress reports (and to kick some more for them in turn to kick the ladys solicitor into action)
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 02:28 PM
OMG! How stressful is all of this. I have just been to view a property this afternoon and after reading this I'm not so sure that I'm up for moving again. Its brought back memories of my last move! Yikes!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Well, I've now rung our seller's agents, but the guy is out and they don't know whether he contacted her Sooooo, I told him I was going to e-mail her (in the nicest possible way), and get an answer from the horse's mouth, which I have.

I've told her that 3 of us down from her all have our removal slots booked be it only tentatively, and it could go all pear shaped if one of us couldn't get a booking for the 11th. Then I told her that we did promise our purchasers that we could be out quickly and that we would not end up in any "chain", hence the reason we went for her empty house and hence the reason she took us on because she knew we would be the quickest (it's only been 7 weeks as of now).

If she doesn't give us a date, then how the heck can we actually exchange tomorrow without a completion date? We can't! Bladdy woman, she needs to get her a*se into gear and hopefully I've now given her the nudge she needs. I've told her that she still has her TWO week-ends that she insisted upon (those 2 weeks between), and if she's going away on the 3rd for 3 days, then it's all over by then isn't it, she can relax and enjoy her break coz we'll be IN! What is the point of her wanting THAT extra week-end of the 3rd May when she's away anyway, she can't bladdy pack when she's on a plane can she!!!

Yeah, I know Vicki, and b-r-e-a-t-h-e!!!!

Nothing from the solicitors, that's to be expected, but I might just ring my own agents now and see if they've heard anything new. Bet yer bottom dollar we won't be taking Dave's stuff down to the storage unit this week-end, we'll be sitting her on tenderhooks yet again until Monday I just know it!!!!

No, don't do it Tigger's mum!!!!
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »