Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Just caught up with this....

You really aint safe left on yer own woman!!

Hope you feel better in the morning, if you feel in the least bit "odd" get back to the doctor!!!

Take care
xxxx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Im sorry, I know waiting at a&e is a nightmare - I seem to have spent too much time there!! I grab a book when I have to go
IF you in any way feel odder at all get an ambulance phoned - at least that way you get seen quick - and headaches and blury vision isnt a good thing! so getting seem quick is important

I am sure you will be OK - but you cant be to careful - 99% of the time it is nothing -but that 1% it is really serious

anyway
sleep well and I hope you feel much better in the morning - and take it EASY tomorow
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Oh the joys of head injuries.

The amount of times I've ended up with one or two black eyes etc, is embarrassing. Though most were as a child.

The only time I've been to AE for any of them, was for a nose brake a couple years ago...I think they were struggling with the concept of emergency in AE that day.
Took bloody 3 hours for them to get to me..to then be told I had to go to another hospital, coz they didn't have an ent department.
Other one was even slower.

Had to go back a week later, as the vision in one eye went funny.
It got blurry, magnified and the images were frozen...it was like watching the tv in slide show mode.

Was told it was migraine, didn't have any head pain, but was physically sick later on.

Hope you're ok, but please get any more symptoms checked out.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 06:30 AM
Please take it easy today H, you have seriously got to look after yourself, you'll be bringing on Dave's panic attack and you'll both be in the wars.

I am so glad you haven't lost your sense of humour, I did laugh at your account of the old dear and her wig!

Calling an ambulance doesn't get you seen sooner, you just arrive, get assessed and then sit for 4 hours.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2012, 06:52 AM
I hope you feel better this morning.

Fully understand where you are coming from on the waiting on being seen in A&E. Mums elderly friend had to have her husband re-admitted last week he is a little younger than mum around 90 I think. He ws left on a trolley in A&E overnight and he went in by ambulance.

Make sure you take care today and if you do feel ill at any point get yourself back there.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-01-2012, 07:20 AM
I googled it:

Although dizziness is often considered to be a "light" symptom, it could also indicate head problems and trauma - 'post-traumatic vertigo' that needs treatment and which should be taken seriously. Sustained dizziness can be a sign of a serious personal injury, in which case a doctor's consultation is essential.

Get yerself back to A&E now
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 07:24 AM
I've spent many a dreary hour in A&E sitting for 5 or 6 hours waiting for son to be treated (he's epileptic and has had some nasty injuries in his time). I really don't mind if they are busy, but when they close the entire thing for a couple of hours while the cleaners do their thing - now that is annoying at 3 and 4 in the morning when you've already been sitting there for a couple of hours already.

The system is very crafty too. Now that you're seen by a nurse to assess whether you need to see a doctor, when you put in a complaint about the waiting times (explaining about the cleaning), they have it logged that you're not really waiting for that length of time because you were seen within half an hour usually - BY THE NURSE!

Helena, you really are going to have to start worrying about your own health as much as you do Dave's. Head injuries are serious when you start having the symptoms you are getting. Please go and get yourself checked out properly. That is an order, lady, and not a request!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Thanks all Well, I've calmed down now after a good night's sleep, and the good news (for me anyways!) is I'm still here.

Thanks for that info nick, and I've already had the vertigo thing many years ago, been hospitalised twice with it, so I kind of thought, bashing my ear as hard as that might have brought on the symptoms I had initially that same afternoon. The funny turn I had yesterday morning wasn't a sustained one, it lasted about 10 mins in all, and it could well have been a blood pressure thing going on considering it's suddenly jumped so high atm.

Hubby says I'm totally stressed out, but is it any wonder? I've got him to worry about with his recently head problems, old Georgieboy with his problems, then that bladdy rat out the side of the house, then my head banging, the house sale which went on all year, the garage sale which is on and off, then the fact that I can never get him on any of the mobile phone numbers, that's enough to stress anyone out isn't it!

I'm not having a moan about the NHS because of course, they do a brilliant job, where would we be if we didn't have one of those and they nearly took our one away recently, BUT, I would have thought having the symptoms I had with a head injury they would have put me a bit higher up on the list, so the very fact that they didn't made me think I must be ok, it's concussion, and I'll get over it. I've been Googling too!

I have decided to take it very slowly today, have another one of those duvet days, and IF, I feel another one of those funny turns, then of course, I will ring my friend and get her to dump me down at the A&E again, I'm sure the daytime will be better, and in hindsight I wish I'd gone straight there yesterday morning, so slapped wrists on that one!

I might even ring the Brighton MRI place where I went for a scan on my neck and shoulder, and if it's cheap enough, I'll get this head scanned on Monday for my own peace of mind. Afterall, I think nothing of spending £200 on Georgie's problems, so it's about time I got priority around here methinks! Dave has just refused to have his done again as he doesn't see the point as they won't be able to do anything, but he's a man!

I've got a ratman coming at 9 am so at least that'll be one burden off my mind, but the good news is, I didn't see my little friend (the rat) yesterday at all, so maybe he's eaten enough from our own box out there, so I'll get him to do a body search in the garden when he comes, he'll be able to smell it out better than me.

Thanks again all, for your nagging along with your kind comments, it seems I'm forever whingeing about something in here now instead of having a good old laugh! Means a lot, so thanks to all of you.xxxxx
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-01-2012, 07:57 AM
You sound like my Wife - a very articulate argument about why she doesn't really need to get medical help!

At least go to the GP!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
You sound like my Wife - a very articulate argument about why she doesn't really need to get medical help!

At least go to the GP!
......and where's he gonna send me hey????!! Mind you, if HE sends me down there, you never know, I might get out by tonight!

Glad to hear your wife puts up a good case too!!!
Page 5 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »