Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-07-2005, 11:38 PM

Thinking about re-locating to Wales?

As promised here are a few houses to look at!

House one....

Cardiff, Rhiwbina, Rhiwbina Hill - £479,950

Built approximately 1926,opportunity to acquire this superb traditional family residence, located within the sought after area of Rhiwbina. The accommodation comprises, spacious lounge, dining room, fitted kitchen, cloakroom, master bedroom with en-suite two further double bedrooms to upper gallery and two futher spacious bedroooms to lower gallery. In addition a separate annexe is located to the rear of the property, with gas central heating and double glazing. An enviable plot located to the rear which must be viewed to be fully appreciated. NO CHAIN

--------
---------------------

House two

Mountain Ash, Plas Y Felin - £420,000

Originally built c.1850, and occupied by Lord Wharton for a number of years, the property subsequently became a Managers House for the local colliery, this restored Country House has to be viewed to be fully appreciated. The property is set within, what we are advised to be, 2.1acres of mature gardens and maintained "natural garden" including restored Victorian gardens with a collection of trees, rhododendrons and a mature fruit bearing orchard. A dry stone walled stream runs through the grounds which is access via tradional style electronically operated gates complete with intercom / security system. The property is set on four storeys with original binned wine cellars. The accommodation has been restored in line with its original character and charm with decorative ornate coving, ceiling roses and traditional fireplaces. The accommodation has planning permission for an indoor pool area to the rear with details and plans available upon request.

The property is accessed via electronically operated gates which lead onto a tree lined road. The lane leads to the side of the building which has a detached double garage and turning area. The gardens are mainly located to front and side. The front has a Victorian style stepped terrace which leads to a large tree lined lawn with central pond. The side of the property has the conservatory and utility room. A pathway leads to a mature but well maintained wooded and natural garden area with the aforementioned pond. The orchard lies to the rear. The gardens are well stocked, mature, private and very well maintained. As is the case with the interior of the house, the gardens will also only be appreciated by an external tour.

www.peteralan.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	PSP0136506.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1002   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWP0202004.jpg
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1003   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWP0202006.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	1004   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWP0202102.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1005   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWP0202103.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1006  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PWP0202104.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	1007   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWP0202107.jpg
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1008   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWP0202202.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1009   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWP0202203.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1010  
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
As promised here are a few houses to look at!

House one....

Cardiff, Rhiwbina, Rhiwbina Hill - £479,950

Built approximately 1926,opportunity to acquire this superb traditional family residence, located within the sought after area of Rhiwbina. The accommodation comprises, spacious lounge, dining room, fitted kitchen, cloakroom, master bedroom with en-suite two further double bedrooms to upper gallery and two futher spacious bedroooms to lower gallery. In addition a separate annexe is located to the rear of the property, with gas central heating and double glazing. An enviable plot located to the rear which must be viewed to be fully appreciated. NO CHAIN

--------
---------------------

House two

Mountain Ash, Plas Y Felin - £420,000

Originally built c.1850, and occupied by Lord Wharton for a number of years, the property subsequently became a Managers House for the local colliery, this restored Country House has to be viewed to be fully appreciated. The property is set within, what we are advised to be, 2.1acres of mature gardens and maintained "natural garden" including restored Victorian gardens with a collection of trees, rhododendrons and a mature fruit bearing orchard. A dry stone walled stream runs through the grounds which is access via tradional style electronically operated gates complete with intercom / security system. The property is set on four storeys with original binned wine cellars. The accommodation has been restored in line with its original character and charm with decorative ornate coving, ceiling roses and traditional fireplaces. The accommodation has planning permission for an indoor pool area to the rear with details and plans available upon request.

The property is accessed via electronically operated gates which lead onto a tree lined road. The lane leads to the side of the building which has a detached double garage and turning area. The gardens are mainly located to front and side. The front has a Victorian style stepped terrace which leads to a large tree lined lawn with central pond. The side of the property has the conservatory and utility room. A pathway leads to a mature but well maintained wooded and natural garden area with the aforementioned pond. The orchard lies to the rear. The gardens are well stocked, mature, private and very well maintained. As is the case with the interior of the house, the gardens will also only be appreciated by an external tour.

www.peteralan.co.uk

Wow, when O/H wins the lottery (which he is going to do soon according to him) then I would definitely move to one of those houses, they are beautiful. Haven't been to Wales for about 22 years now. Used to go to Rhyl regularly because my boyfriends friend lived there.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Azz all the pics are red x's

Arent there any links for rental houses???

I would really rather rent than own in the beginning
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 08:29 AM
How much commission are you on Azz?
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 09:54 AM
wow the house prices are steap in wales,, yikes,, may think about it when we win the lottery but until then will just have to stay where we are lol

cant see the pics hun, just the prices
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-07-2005, 01:21 PM
ok fixed some of the images - it seems their site does not like hotlinking pics

Nemosmummy - those were NICE houses, hence higher prices, will find cheaper ones too and post then when I get five.

J - check out thier website, I dont know much about the rental market sorry

DM - I wish!!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
J - check out thier website, I dont know much about the rental market sorry
I did

And found a lot of good places, but have no clue, where they are, rofl

You know city wise - work wise... I wouldnt want to live IN a city rather on the outskirts or in the country
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Sigh. When I write my best seller .....
sarah2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2005, 06:31 PM
wow our house in London has been priced around the 2 million mark and it looks nothing like those I had an e-mail last night from Jake on this site she is so determined to leave London she's almost there!! Looking at those houses I think I will be following suit
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-07-2005, 06:48 PM
I offered to help Jake with areas/general house-hunting and am happy to help you too if you decide to make the move

If I were moving from London right now, I would sell my house, pay off the mortgage and buy a house out of the remainder and live a stress free life with no security worries

ps it's a much nicer/safer place to bring up kids (no offence to londoners!)
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »