Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 03:28 PM

One of the worst experiences of my life

Some of you may know ive had ongoing problems with my mouth after getting teeth out last week. Had to go back to dentist today as was getting bad taste & something oozing from the wounds

Cut it short - the wounds/sockets were not healing right, she had to cut them all open, cut back the infected flesh, clean out all the pus as it would damage bone in my jaw which involved digging with a metal pick tool into the bone and because the wound over where the 3 teeth were is so big, she had to stitch it all up

I was there getting that done for 1 hr 20 mins. She said it was a much bigger procedure than getting the teeth out & that was bad enough. I have antibiotics to take. She cant understand why the other dentist who took the teeth out didnt give me tbem last week (her husband) as infection had been present then too)

I admit i came out to the car & cried. I will never get anything more done to that area, dentures, implants - nothing. I can remain a gummy all supposimg it heals properly

I just want to go to bed & shut out the world as this on top of everything else seems the last straw. Nothing has gone right from we lost my dad & i am so so tired of it all
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Aww Helen, *hug*

Tooth pain is horrible, but your mouth will heal - and you will be right as rain before you know it. Get plenty of rest and if you're low on energy, get some organic carrots and juice them - that helps a lot.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Omg that sounds horrendous no wonder you burst into tears afterwards. I had a single tooth out earlier in the year and that was bad enough, I'm sure I was suffering from shock afterwards. I went home and took pain killers and fell asleep on the sofa so can only imagine how awful you feel after that proceedure. Be kind to yourself and take it easy for a few days.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 03:48 PM
((((hugs)))) I'm not going to even try to begin to explain how that makes me feel, but I have every sympathy with you. Take it very easy and dose yourself up on painkillers x
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I had a panic attack just reading that! I'm phobic of dentists, can't even let the hygenist clean my teeth, because of an experience like that as a young child.

I hope things get better for you soon and I hope you have a speedy recovery.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 04:12 PM
It sounds horrendous hun. I'm sorry you ha d to go through that. I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm sure you will once the antibiotics kick in. In the meantime...massive hugs to you and some very large sloppy wet dog snogs from my clan!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Oh you poor girl - my jaw aches for you. The sockets will heal, please do not worry about that as your gum will heal, and the ABs will get rid of all the nasty infection.

If you keep rinsing your mouth out with warm salt water that will help as well. Not too salty or too hot, but not too cold either.

If you are in a lot of pain then take paracetamol to help ease it, and a cold compress on the outside of your face/jaw will help. A bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel is good as it will mould to the shape of your face - and can be refrozen for further use [not for eating though!].

I do hope you feel better soon.

xxx
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Plenty of pain killers and boxer cuddles will help some..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 04:39 PM
OMG, that must have been your worst nightmare Gotta say, when you said how much pain you were in after the extractions I did suspect you had some kind of infection going on there, but then the other dentist should have given you the ab's before taking them all out just to make sure you wouldn't end up like this! Grrrr, that's not on!! It's dangerous to take teeth out with any infection coz there's the liklihood that it will just spread and go rampant! Like I said, I have to have it done this way and keep my fingers crossed coz I can't do the ab's.

I remember the last time I had one out, which I was already in pain with due to an infection (again ), when the aneasthetic started wearing off, I thought, hang on, this isn't right, coz my whole face blew up one side, the pain was horrendous (just like yours the other day), and I was almost screaming in agony, so I doped myself right up with painkillers, hit the pillow and zonked out, and when I woke up, well, it was just beautiful......no pain, nothing! I think I must have had some divine intervention going on there, the way it suddenly just went without any ab's either!

Now tuck yourself up in bed, take all the pills you're allowed to take, even those special strong ones you got and forget everything, you need to sleep and recover after such a body shock as that. You are very, very brave I have to say, and have some (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))).xxxx

You're right too, don't bother with those implants, it could stir things all up again, just let it all heal, and get yourself a nice set of partials for the back like I have. It's lovely when you go to the dentist and let him file bits off it here and there and you feel no pain, and you can sit and watch them ache from the chair!

Awwwwww, I feel so, so sorry for you because as I said before, I've been there so many times over the years, there is no other pain quite like teeth that's a fact!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Oh Helen..... I'm so sorry you're going through this honey.

Teeth are a giant PITA, both coming and going.....

Hope you feel better soon my love

x0x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >