Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 06:23 AM

Running a fever and sickness..

Any tips?

I have flat cola, water and a flannel in cold water on my forehead...

I've not been really ill in a while so I really don't feel well..

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Have you taken your temperature? It's very important coz if it's really high you should ring the emergency dept. If it's normal, it's not as serious, but hopefully you can get hold of a doc when they open. Sorry you're feeling like this, hope it passes or you get some help.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Have you taken your temperature? It's very important coz if it's really high you should ring the emergency dept. If it's normal, it's not as serious, but hopefully you can get hold of a doc when they open. Sorry you're feeling like this, hope it passes or you get some help.
I don't actually own a thermometer. I get fevers most years and only had one really bad where I had to go into hospital. I'm not too hot atm, I feel a right numpty though - I have a flannel on my head and a hot water bottle on my stomach as I have pains there. I have the phone next to me so I can ring the doctor or my Mum, but I'm on my own today and have both boys so it'd be a struggle getting the doctor in the door

I've got a cup of tea - see if that makes the pain go away but other than that all my Mum suggests is I eat some toast because I feel like I'm hungry but also like I want to throw up..

Thank you Helena, I'm sure the worst of my fever is gone, I did sweat most of it out last night and starved (it is "feed a cold, starve a fever" right?)
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Cant offer you any advice hun but I do hope you get better soon, its awful feeling like that - especialy when you rarely get poorly! (unlike me lol)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Cant offer you any advice hun but I do hope you get better soon, its awful feeling like that - especialy when you rarely get poorly! (unlike me lol)
I haven't been this ill since the beginning of 2010 (New years day actually) and it wasn't self inflicted.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Typical. Put up on FB that I feel sick and my sister has to ask if its morning sickness..ugh I'm just ill!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Awww Aimee, hope you feel better soon.
Rest and fluids is then best thing, keep drinking. If there really isn't any improvement then maybe you should ring the doc, if only for advice.
Take care xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Take no dairy product
Weak black tea with sugar
dioralyte if you have any
Sprite is better than cola (no caffeine)
Hope you do not have appendicitis!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I do hope you feel better very soon. It is horrible being ill when you are by yourself.

A good rehydration solution [see http://rehydrate.org/solutions/homemade.htm] can be made from just water, sugar and salt.

Scroll down to The "Simple Solution" - Home made Oral Rehydration Salts [ORS] Recipe for amounts.

SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Well about an hour ago, I decided to have some spaghetti then I had a bubble bath, I felt better so I managed to get some sleep. Next door have decided to do some home renovations! Not quiet ones either!

Thank you for all the tips - I feel better now, just got a headache atm, going to spend a little time on here then go back to sleep - or try..

SB - I don't think it's appendicitis, a few years ago I had all the signs I had it and then everything went away after a few days and they ruled I didn't have it.. last few days of the summer hols too, but if it all persists I will be calling a doctor out.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >