Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Well done for losing 4 stone!

My issue is I can't afford to join anything like that at the moment - having no job n all lol

Looking on the website it does look good though!

Eating enough calories is harder than I thought! I started eating waay more than I should lol, and now like instead of ice cream, il have sugar free jelly, but even in a big bowl is less than 15 calories... but by then I am full so don't want anything else!

Like for lunch I will have soup and sometimes a slice of bread, that again is less than 200 calories.. haha. So now trying to get all 1200 in without eating too much sugar/carbs I am finding tricky!

Thanks for all the tips everyone, means a lot!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 11:28 AM
I do know that some people that have a lot of weight to lose and have been referred to a"fat club"by their GP actually get their meeting fees paid for them, its worth ringing your GP to see if they are in this scheme.

Jeanette
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Ooo I had never heard of that, thanks

I think what I will do is try it myself and see how it goes, but if I can't do it myself I will try and join something

In relation to MFP.... it's quite addictive adding things on there haha, but the sugar thing is really annoying me!
All I have had today is one of the mini 27g sachets of porridge, 180ml skimmed milk, and a small handful of sultanas... and it is saying I am over my sugar limit already... bit ridiculous! And for me... not very realistic lol
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
I do know that some people that have a lot of weight to lose and have been referred to a"fat club"by their GP actually get their meeting fees paid for them, its worth ringing your GP to see if they are in this scheme.

Jeanette
All mine wanted to do was put me on diet pills, when I said I had absolutely no interest in taking tablets to lose weight they lost interest in helping me lose weight I have an appointment with my new doctor here on Thursday to talk about weight loss so we'll see how that one goes.

All I have had today is one of the mini 27g sachets of porridge, 180ml skimmed milk, and a small handful of sultanas... and it is saying I am over my sugar limit already... bit ridiculous! And for me... not very realistic lol
Milk has a lot of natural sugars in it. I stopped eating cereal for breakfast because of it. You don't have to track sugar though, you can change it to track something else instead.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I've done alright most of the week, Saturday was a bbq, but I did take weight watchers sausages....and today I've gone a bit over, but I've not gone mad any day, so I'm hoping I'll have a loss finally on Wednesday!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 02:29 PM
hope Ive not missed the bus here, can I join in too?

I have put on sooo much weight and I wasnt really too bothered until I seen a photo of myself taken in 2009 last night. Also I have so much going on that I am finding it hard to find the focus and motivation right now, and to top it off, as of now, I am on a VERY tight food budget.
This thread seems nice and positive though so hopefully if I can join you guys (?) then it might help.

Well done to everyone on here that has done so well

OK, I'm off to join MFP as my first step to calorie counting! Wish me luck.

edit; now for the scary part, off to weigh myself
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes of course you can join us!

It is never too late!

I keep wanting to weigh myself... but I know that's bad so I will just have to wait until my "weight day" (Friday) lol.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
Yes of course you can join us!

It is never too late!

I keep wanting to weigh myself... but I know that's bad so I will just have to wait until my "weight day" (Friday) lol.
Thanks!
Oh pants I never thought about that, suppose Monday will be my "weigh day" now, meaning no let up at weekends Still, maybe that's a good thing!

I will start from today. Wish Loui wasnt ill just now though as even a couple of weeks without him having the same exercise I feel more bloated etc. Suppose I just need to get up and do stuff without not walking him being an excuse then.

Any tips for starting off? It's been so long since I went on a diet it feels like a whole new scene to me

I will need to plan a little work strategy too, my hours mean I don't get a break at lunch time, usually I make up for that before hand but now thinking I need to stop that

Edit; not sure the scales are working properly, been on and off them several times and getting the same weight but sure it should maybe be a bit heavier than its showing....oh well I will go by them for now anyway
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I have to give myself one day a week or I end up weighing myself like every day!

I need to work out more exercise for me too, as Alfie can't walk too far and gets tired really easily so can't take him out for miles every day lol.

Writing down/using MFP has been the best thing I have started, as long as you write down EVERYTHING. I find myself going "I don't want to eat that as I don't want it on my list" But I have only been doing it a week so I will tell you again in a few weeks
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Avoid faddy diets. Make sure whatever route you take, you are happy to carry on after target weight is reached otherwise you'll just pile it all back on again as you start to relax.

If you let diet rule your life, you'll fail. Better to work out the value of ordinary food and plan around those - cheaper and easier to maintain once you get to where you want to be.
Page 6 of 29 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »