register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Drop the relationships bit of this section?
Yes - would prefer them posted in the general off-topic chat section 1 3.85%
No - Keep them here 20 76.92%
Don't mind 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 08:27 PM
If you put it in the general off topic, then it will disappear too quickly, and some people don't come on here every day like a lot of us, some people even have a life and don't come on here for a week or more (perish that thought!!!), so they could miss something vitally important either to them, or somebody they care about going through some c*ap times. I like it where it is, it's a very important section especially for long standing members who know a lot of other long standing members, who feel confident to post up about serious health/relationship problems and need help, and it's too in depth I think to just be stuck in off topic day to day ramblings about nothing dontchathink?! I know what I mean anyway!!!

I must be getting old along with you and Azz Malka!!!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 08:41 PM
I personally think, either have them stay together or have a separate relationships/family one as I don't think they really go. Just my opinion
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Azz,

Reading through all the replies above the saying "If it aint broke don't fix it" comes to mind
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Azz,

Reading through all the replies above the saying "If it aint broke don't fix it" comes to mind
My thoughts entirely.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Ok will leave it as it is guys.

Re if it aint broke don't fix it.. I've been merging/moving lots of other forums around today - we needed a spring clean
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 04:25 AM
Yes..... I noticed the "Non-dog chat" bit has been renamed..... scared the life out of me!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Yes..... I noticed the "Non-dog chat" bit has been renamed..... scared the life out of me!
Just keeping ya on ya toes Vicki

I was going to merge the 'discussions' section threads into it... do we really need a separate section for 'discussions'? I'm not sure we do any more :/
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 02:08 PM
What I'd love, but I doubt the forum software allows it - is a way to hide certain threads or sections.

I've got my reasons for wanting this.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
What I'd love, but I doubt the forum software allows it - is a way to hide certain threads or sections.

I've got my reasons for wanting this.
Do you mean from unregistered members?

We used to have a members-only section, but found people were using it for things that didn't really need to be hidden from guests. If people only use it when they really need to we could bring one back in :/
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Just keeping ya on ya toes Vicki

I was going to merge the 'discussions' section threads into it... do we really need a separate section for 'discussions'? I'm not sure we do any more :/
Nah! I'm with you on that one Azz, some normal threads end up in those "discussions" so why have it at all?

ETA: was that poll there yesterday then? Didn't see it till I scrolled back up after posting this lol!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >