View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 07:53 PM
When we bought our zanussi condenser a lot of people told us they weren't as good. We had no choice when we were living in our flat as the only place it could go was in the large cupboard with no outside wall but we have been really pleased with it.

When we empty ours we water the plants or tip it down the sink at your suggestion Helena, Sarah won't be popular with her neighbours!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It's not that big, about the size of a cat litter tray I suppose As for yours..... well, there's always the window lol!
Probably still a bit much for either of them to be honest. As for mine...washer and dryer are in the basement. We do have windows but I'd need a ladder
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
They still sell vented tumble dryers and they're usually cheaper to buy and dry clothes quicker.
I prefer a vented tumble dryer for the reasons you have mentioned.
Although my present one is a condenser tumble dryer because the kitchen was re-arranged and the dryer is in an area that is unsuitable for venting.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Im on the hunt for a drier...ive just changed DS into cloth nappies
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Whenever I am on the lookout for a new appliance, my first port of call is the local library.

I go to the Which Magazines which give you everything you need to know about reliability, pros, cons, breakdowns, cost of service, cost to run, etc etc

And its FREE!
I usually just go from word of mouth from friends and relatives...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I usually just go from word of mouth from friends and relatives...
But Which? ask LOTS more people so the sample size actually means something rather than just a few score! They also have all the technical information laid out in front of you so that your choice is better informed.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2011, 04:22 PM
But Which? ask LOTS more people so the sample size actually means something rather than just a few score! They also have all the technical information laid out in front of you so that your choice is better informed.
But I am not interested in the technical information, all I want to know is how much, will it dry my washing and will it cope with every day use.......... and I can usually get that by buying the same make again or going with recommendations
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 04:27 PM
But I am not interested in the technical information, all I want to know is how much, will it dry my washing and will it cope with every day use.......... and I can usually get that by buying the same make again or going with recommendations
That is ok then, many people including myself, want to know how much it costs to run per load, how easy it is to remove the filter, what the frequency of breakdowns appear to be, service costs, lifespan, if it A rated, how noisy it is etc etc.

When one person says it is "noisy" that is only an opiinion, not a fact.

When the decibels are given you have the FACTS.

I LOVE Which? Magazine, I get the professional opinion of both experts and laymen for nothing and it has served me well over the years, so well in fact that I have yet to replace a household appliance since I moved back to the UK in 1989!

And any NEW appliance is working just as well.

I reckon I must have saved lots of money, time and aggro being able to whittle down my choices to a couple and being advised of products that many do not even know exist or do not own in my immediate circle!

Each to his own.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

29-09-2011, 08:24 AM
That is ok then, many people including myself, want to know how much it costs to run per load, how easy it is to remove the filter, what the frequency of breakdowns appear to be, service costs, lifespan, if it A rated, how noisy it is etc etc.

When one person says it is "noisy" that is only an opiinion, not a fact.

When the decibels are given you have the FACTS.

I LOVE Which? Magazine, I get the professional opinion of both experts and laymen for nothing and it has served me well over the years, so well in fact that I have yet to replace a household appliance since I moved back to the UK in 1989!

And any NEW appliance is working just as well.

I reckon I must have saved lots of money, time and aggro being able to whittle down my choices to a couple and being advised of products that many do not even know exist or do not own in my immediate circle!

Each to his own.

I guess, personally I dont have time to research an appliance to that degree, I am one of those people who`s
appliance dies on Monday and need a replacement on Tuesday.

I tend to stay loyal to a few names, so my priority is next day delivery (or as near as) the size of the drum, and spin, thats about it, if the make I am used to or know someone who has it, is available then its ordered... usually from John Lewis as they do a good delivery service and guarantee .....takign time to reseach on line or any where else is days lost without my washer/dryer, and I cant live with that
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 08:26 AM
I guess, personally I dont have time to research an appliance to that degree, I am one of those people who`s
appliance dies on Monday and need a replacement on Tuesday.

I tend to stay loyal to a few names, so my priority is next day delivery (or as near as) the size of the drum, and spin, thats about it, if the make I am used to or know someone who has it, is available then its ordered... usually from John Lewis as they do a good delivery service and guarantee .....takign time to reseach on line or any where else is days lost without my washer/dryer, and I cant live with that

Ah but the trick is to do the research BEFORE you need it!

Too late, as you say, to do it when the appliance has died...........

For me, there is ALWAYS time to save money, time, aggravation and maximise my resources!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2