View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

27-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Sounds like what happened to me. Woke up one morning with all the symptoms of a stroke, lots of doctors and hospital appointments, took them ages to diagnose a stroke. When it happened again they said Id had hemoragpligic [sp??] migrain.

I now have to take tablets when I feel the symptoms coming on and so far not had quite as bad reactions.

Hope she gets better soon xx
I was drawn to this thread because of the title and know what I went through. I was much more fortunate than Kate but it was similar. It was actually during a working day that I suddenly became ill and it really did feel like I was having a stroke! I got an emergency appointment with my doctor and he actually knew what was going on - he had family similarly effected. I have not suffered anywhere near as much since that time but do get the occasionaly migraine.

I really hope its as good as news as it can be.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Any news Jenny?
All the scans and bloods came back as normal, which is excellent news but as she says she still doesn't have an explanation for it all.
I think it is most probably Bells Palsy, her mouth is still slightly "down" and I think her speech is a bit slurred.
She is going to see her GP again to see if he can give her a diagnosis.
Thanks for thinking of us Jane

Spot just seen your reply, sorry you have suffered as well.
I am passing all these stories on to Amanda, I think it helps to hear that you are not alone.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 06:59 PM
It's good that the investigations were all normal but it's a shame that Amanda has no answers yet. I hope that she carries on making good progress.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks Jane, I will pass on your good wishes
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 07:22 PM
So glad everything came back normal, although that doesn't help Amanda does it I hope she continues to recover well, and maybe get a few more answers from her gp. It sometimes worries me that I've been too well for too long and seeing all these problems that people half my age go through, it's a mystery isn't it.

The last few migraines Dave has had which he said were very "different", paralised him down one side, his speach got slurred and his leg went numb, but just like Amanda, everything including scans and lumbar puncture came back clear, but I'm still dreading his next.

Please pass on my best wishes to her Jen.xxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Oh my goodness what a scare - probably not much help but when I have a really bad migraine my mouth droops at one side (at some points so I dribble!) and usually is the last symptom to leave- it can take up to 72 hours to go and in the height of it I can't speak only slur. I hope you get some news from the doc appt. But good grief what a fright to get Hugs all round x
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4