View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LissaBrown
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Sorry to hear this Hope she feels much better soon!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sorry to hear all this Lynn, that really does sound like a very bad fall this time Perhaps she will have no choice about where she goes next, or perhaps it might have knocked some sense into her at last not to do the things they told her not to, and even better, she might now consider that assisted living route you wanted her to have previously.

Be interesting to hear your brother's take on it all now, there could well be some apologies heading your way! I hope this doesn't start stressing you out again, deep breaths!
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Hope she makes a speedy recovery hun xxx always a worry when they won't listen but she is in the right place now to sort things out hopefully xx
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
So sorry to read this Lynn, I hope your Mum makes a good recovery but as you say it seems like a bad fall and she really should not have been doing what she was if exertion is the trigger for this.

Also can I ask why she is opposed to a warden controlled retirement apartment I think they are an excellant idea and they don't have to be in a block of flats in fact I was looking at some recently which are built on ground level, have a little garden and are either detached or semi-detached, most have one bedroom but there are some with two bedrooms as well.

It would seem to be the best place for your Mum.
Thank you all.

Helena apologies I don't think there will be he is like mum always right. He still has only done this once as opposed to the so many times I have done it over the years and the maybe 1/2 to a dozen times Gill has done it with me twice without me. It won't of had any effect yet I don't think. Another 30 years and it may.

Steph I hope so.

Harvey she will not budge from that house if she can help it. Her cry is my husband always said one day he would buy me my own house and he did and I am not leaving it for that reason. Also fear I would imagine she is of a generation that just about remembers the workhouse. She is also very materialistic.

What annoys me and Gill though is that she will not come with us to do some visits so she will continue to do what she does then complain all the way. Its gets very tiring after so many years and all symapthy fades. I think thats one of the reasons she didn't want me at the hospital as she knows I will tell them exactly what has been recommended and why. I don't think she realises this will more than likely be on her records now. We will see what happens in the next couple of days they will probably give her some medication a talking too and send her on her way.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey she will not budge from that house if she can help it. Her cry is my husband always said one day he would buy me my own house and he did and I am not leaving it for that reason. Also fear I would imagine she is of a generation that just about remembers the workhouse. She is also very materialistic.
That's very sad What her husband did was put the capital into a house, if she moved into a warden controlled retirement home she would just be transferring that capital to a new and more suitable home so it would not be insulting her husbands memory, well that's just my take on the situation, I've moved homes so many times I suppose I'm a bit immune to becomming 'attached' to one place

But I have been looking on 'Right Move' at these warden controlled places and if OH agreed I would buy one, they are small it's true, and usually have Economy 7 heating and a shower rather than a bath, but in all other respects they are like any other home.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2011, 07:56 AM
That's very sad What her husband did was put the capital into a house, if she moved into a warden controlled retirement home she would just be transferring that capital to a new and more suitable home so it would not be insulting her husbands memory, well that's just my take on the situation, I've moved homes so many times I suppose I'm a bit immune to becomming 'attached' to one place

But I have been looking on 'Right Move' at these warden controlled places and if OH agreed I would buy one, they are small it's true, and usually have Economy 7 heating and a shower rather than a bath, but in all other respects they are like any other home.
Quite agree with yo Harvey. Gorden and I have already said when we are much older and we feel we cannot cope we will be looking into the retirement type village places so whichever one is left there will be help and security. We do not expect our boys to be in the position I have been in for far to long or.

Rang the hospital she is on the surgical referral ward and they say they are not doing tests just observation and everything is fine the medical team will see her later and they think it is a mechanincal fall.

I told them about the problem and the heart being noted twice at her outpatients clinic and that the consultant and the response paramedinc felt it was this problem causing the falls she said she will tell them.

So as Helena would say hey ho patch her up and off home again.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I told them about the problem and the heart being noted twice at her outpatients clinic and that the consultant and the response paramedinc felt it was this problem causing the falls she said she will tell them.
Well I know you will do the best you can for her, it's difficult at times when you get rebuffed but try to keep calm and let the bad words flow over the top

I take the view that a 'consultant' and a 'paramedic' are the proffessionals and should be listened too otherwise what is the point of paying them top notch salaries (Well the consultant at least)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Rang the hospital earlier she is still there. Apparently they do things day by day on this department so they are monitoring the heart I hope. I will ring again tomorrow and see what is happening. I am hoping they will keep her till a decision can be made about whats best for her safety and of course our peace of minds.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Really hope your Mum is feeling well again soon, hopefully they'll offer her the right level of care before letting her go home xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Really hope your Mum is feeling well again soon, hopefully they'll offer her the right level of care before letting her go home xx
Thanks Lou, hopefully this time they will get the care right for her most times they haven't even bothered.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks Lou, hopefully this time they will get the care right for her most times they haven't even bothered.
I hope so too, keep us posted when you have news.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2011, 07:28 AM
I hope so too, keep us posted when you have news.
Thank you will do.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >