View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 03:20 AM
My (ex) husband proposed to me over the phone from Cyprus (he was in the Army). It went something like, well how about getting married then, just organize it for when I get back!!! Needless to say...........

Our Son surprised my daughter in law to be on Christmas Eve, by returning from Afghan (same job), and proposing to her at midnight. Must be like his mum then eh?

CONGRATULATIONS on your forthcoming marriage, and may it be the wedding of your dreams. Don't forget the 'something old, something new' .....

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Baz got down on one knee in a jewellers in Brent Cross......
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Lovely stories everyone, I especially like that Phil joined in - it must be hard for guys? So I'm not the only one who didn't get a typical proposal

Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
CONGRATULATIONS on your forthcoming marriage, and may it be the wedding of your dreams. Don't forget the 'something old, something new' .....

I'll get back to you on the wedding of my dreams - I'm just trying to sway him over to seeing that a winter wedding by a lake in Scotland is the way to go... either that or he's taking me to Lapland or Italy to get married. I've (mentally) picked my dresses out for all 3
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Danny asked me exactly 1 year after we met. He put his proposal in the local paper, brought me mcdonalds breakfast in bed and opened the paper to show me, while I was reading it he pulled out the ring. I was so emotional lol was the best day of my life
Henrysowner
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2011, 03:34 PM
I ended up propsing to my husband, we had just had an argument and i said i was going to leave and i realised i didnt want to live without him and i proposed with my hair bobble And i still have the hair bobble
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 03:53 PM
My hubby and I were walking up a street in Aberdeen, heading to the local corner shop to get a bottle of wine, he turned to me and said 'd'you fancy getting married then' I said 'yeah ok' and that was it . When we bought my ring however, he made up a CD of romantic music, bought champagne and fancy glasses, then got down on one knee and asked me properly
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Brilliant stories, surprised at how many people got married without either proposing!

My husband proposed February 13th 2009, exactly 2 years since we got together. We had decided months before to go to SeaWorld on our anniversary. That morning before we left he asked me to close my eyes and he handed me a present, when I opened them it was a box of chocolates and flowers (I always teased him about how he never bought me flowers). After SeaWorld we walked along the canal at Brindley Place and we sat on a bench. I gave him my presents and then he said he had another for me. He asked me to close my eyes again and when I opened them he was down on 1 knee with a ring! He asked if I'd do him the honour of becoming his wife! I said yes and 4 months later on June 13th 2009 we were married
2 years later and all is still good.

Best of luck SLB with your wedding, whenever it may be
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2011, 10:31 PM
we had been at a wedding and afterwards at the reception we was outside *er hem getting some air * and i just suddenly proposed to charlie. just said *will u marry me* he said what?? i said it again. he looked at me and said yep straight away.!!!! i then got a napkin and got his agreement on paper (so he didnt forget the next morning lol) my daughter whent tearing into to hall and announced it to everyone. that was in the oct and we was married 19th feb 2000. had a bikers wedding. went on trikes AND FROZE !!!!
and i hope your married life is as happy as ours
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2