View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Maccy Ds indeed. - dear oh dear oh dear.

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Now your just being mean!

At least I have some form of healthy substance in my body though - I could live off Mcdonalds.
I could, but prefer KFC, oh I love it. My family bring me a bargain bucket for my birthday!!! (roll on next week )
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I could, but prefer KFC, oh I love it. My family bring me a bargain bucket for my birthday!!! (roll on next week )
LMAO! I get 3 galaxy bars for my birthday or when I'm really down - like "someone just died" down lol.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:15 AM
SLB - when I met my hubby he didn't eat fruit or veg (or eggs, or cheese, or beans, or rice .... but that's a different story!).

I have now managed to persuade him that not all veggies and fruits are evil...

He will now eat: carrots, onions, leeks, sweetcorn (in some things), peppers, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes (if in a sauce, not fresh), courgettes, bananas and green apples.

(Plus: lentils, beans - baked, kidney, borlotti, broad, canellini, rice)

I cannot get him to eat on any account: peas, broccoli, cauliflower, aubergines, melon, cherries, rhubarb

I found that adding the 'allowed' veg to stuff like chillis or curries worked better than presenting a pile of veg on its own! So I made a lamb dhansak curry and put carrot in it - it cooks for so long, the carrot just mushes in to the sauce and you don't notice...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
SLB - when I met my hubby he didn't eat fruit or veg (or eggs, or cheese, or beans, or rice .... but that's a different story!).

I have now managed to persuade him that not all veggies and fruits are evil...

He will now eat: carrots, onions, leeks, sweetcorn (in some things), peppers, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes (if in a sauce, not fresh), courgettes, bananas and green apples.

(Plus: lentils, beans - baked, kidney, borlotti, broad, canellini, rice)

I cannot get him to eat on any account: peas, broccoli, cauliflower, aubergines, melon, cherries, rhubarb

I found that adding the 'allowed' veg to stuff like chillis or curries worked better than presenting a pile of veg on its own! So I made a lamb dhansak curry and put carrot in it - it cooks for so long, the carrot just mushes in to the sauce and you don't notice...
That would work, but I don't eat curry or chilli I don't eat a lot of foods.

My OH doesn't eat much fruit or veg either so that doesn't help, I think the only ones who eat the majority of the healthy food in our house is the dogs lol
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't eat much fruit (I can scoff cherry tomatoes like they're sweets though) - but have a minor problem since we have a pear tree in the back garden absolutely COVERED in pears so I'm going to be sick of the sight of the blooming things when they're all ripe... plus one branch full keeps bopping me on the head when I go sit on the patio chairs.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
That would work, but I don't eat curry or chilli I don't eat a lot of foods.

My OH doesn't eat much fruit or veg either so that doesn't help, I think the only ones who eat the majority of the healthy food in our house is the dogs lol
What do you eat typically in a week then (for evening meals)?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
What do you eat typically in a week then (for evening meals)?
Chips and Maccy D's by the sound of it...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Not healthy stuff! And Labradork - I can't eat MC'd often as the food gives me stomach pains - I only order milkshakes from there - Plus my brother used to work there and it's put me off now.

I don't really have set meals, I have wheatabix mini's in a morning (with chocolate chips ) toast and spaghetti or a jam sandwich (mixed fruit jam I might add! ) at lunch and sometimes chips, sometimes mash and chicken/ turkey with beans (beans are healthy right?) sometimes I'll just have another bowl of wheatabix or some toast again...I'd say thats typically what I have because I'm not one who likes much food - I don't even like pizza..
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Ahem. At the risk of repeating myself...

...when you are old and fat and wrinkled and your joints ache...

Do not come crying to me!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >