Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 05:53 PM

How do you get nice looking grass???

I know it seems a random question but my garden grass is lumpy and has lots of weeds growing in it. My neighbours all have nicer looking grass than me with less to no weeds. So could any gardening people out there help me with the question, how do you get your grass to grow healthily and without weeds?
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2011, 06:29 PM
My grass sounds just like yorus, if you ever find out please let me know LOL I really want to get mine nice for the kids if nothing else but its not happening with all these weeds
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Hahaha thank you posting!! I thought it was just me and my grass hated me. I hope someone can help us!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Hahaha thank you posting!! I thought it was just me and my grass hated me. I hope someone can help us!
Lol.
Have you tried that weed and feed stuff you can put on? I haven't tried it but the grass grows very quickly in the advert
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Well i train my dogs to wee on the concrete and not the grass so we get no burns. Durnig the summer i always put weed and moss killer on , seed the bald areas after the moss and weeds have been killed off. Then lawn feed is a must. Its amazing how green your grass goes with it on. Looks so healthy
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Ours was awful so we dug it all over and started again, didn't really have a clue, just chucked cheap seed down, tonnes of the stuff and a little bit of compost to level it all out, now its lovely! Lucky for me my dogs don't toilet in the garden at all, clean freaks they are
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Ill try some weed and feed stuff methinks, though ive used it in the past and nothing!! The OHs prognosis was "it wasnt expensive enough, we need really expensive stuff" Dunno whether I want to agree with that or not
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Ill try some weed and feed stuff methinks, though ive used it in the past and nothing!! The OHs prognosis was "it wasnt expensive enough, we need really expensive stuff" Dunno whether I want to agree with that or not
Weed it first then if your not putting moss killer on i think you can feed it a few days after weeding it. My grass it picture perfect and i use cheap wilko's make. Thats wilkinsons so people who dont know lol
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Weed it first then if your not putting moss killer on i think you can feed it a few days after weeding it. My grass it picture perfect and i use cheap wilko's make. Thats wilkinsons so people who dont know lol
Thank you do you have clover? Its taking over. Any tips on how to remove?? x
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Thank you do you have clover? Its taking over. Any tips on how to remove?? x
Hmm i just put moss killer on and it got rid of all the rubbish on my grass. Not sure about clover tho soz. If you use moss killer i usually use the cheap wilko make grass seed but it does take a while to grow. and you have to water it all the time lol., So if you dont want the hassel just use weed killer. Shouldnt leave too many patches