View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 01:37 PM
this is just it, Bruno doesnt dig or anything so my lawn is nice and hole free and its only been since the start of this hot weather that they have gone brown so guess it must have something to do with the heat too. HOwever I did wonder as Bruno doesnt drink a huge amount in that - a bowl of water goes down and I chuck most of it away when I change it. He has obviously been drinking more in the heat but I wonder if his wee is particularly potent due to not drinking enough?

Will try the water to dilute it at the moment and see if it improves.

D x
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Was told that if you put tomato juice in a meal it would lessen the acidity in the urine..haven't tried it myself yet..someone else might have.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 03:11 PM
I heard that on here before MC but then heard people also say it didn't work *sigh*!

How much would anyone suggest they have daily to see if it does work?? and what kind of Tomatoe Juice
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Loki has cherry tomatoes but not noticed any improvement.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2005, 03:28 PM
SNAP!!!!! I also have just returfed my lawn :smt043 :smt043 dont know why i have bothered, what with 1 dog and 1 bitch , it is beginning to look no different than it did before we laid it, :smt017

I have heard of something called "Lawn Rescue" which you put onto the burnt patches, surpposed to make it grow back quickly, will have to get some and try it. Other than that i think like everyone says water is the best option.

It is`nt only the lawn that gets destroyed , i am on my second washing line ( the ones that stick in the ground and swing around) Bandit likes to pee on that, and his wee corrodes the metal, i can see it bending already, so i think its time for a new one.

DOGS!!!!!!! who`d ave em........ WE WOULD
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 03:31 PM
watch what you put on the lawn - as apparanetly if unestablished for less than 6 months old - you shouldnt put on of these treatments on it !!!

according to my lawn care book !!

charlie dimmock step aside !!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Jackbox.

Loki likes to leap up and try and swing off the washing.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Jackbox.

Loki likes to leap up and try and swing off the washing.

mmnn - I had to stop Bruno from doing that - and it was all my friends fault cos she put this rag she had been teasing him with on the top of her whirly line in her garden and he jumped up and was hanging from it - although then we spun him round on it - and he swiftly got off it !! he doesnt do it any longer !!

dani
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Anyone used Green Um?

http://www.markandchappell.com/index...welcome.html&2

Product Name: Green-UMŽ

Function: Protects against lawn burn (Brown Patches) caused by pet waste.

Format: Tablets

Size: 40 tabs / 100 tabs / 250 tabs / 400 tabs / 1,000 tabs per Tub

M&C have developed a unique product that can solve the problem of unsightly brown patches on carefully manicured lawns. Green-UMŽ is a totally natural product, which protects against lawn burn, by safely eliminating the damaging effects of cat and dog waste.
Green-UMŽ is specially formulated with a natural plant extract, which helps bind the ammonia present in pet waste, which causes lawn burn. It is this binding action that helps prevent lawn burn. Given to your dog on a regular basis will help keep your garden green and lush!

Completely safe for Pets & Gardens
Contains no chemicals or colour additives
Does not alter urinary pH, thus has no effect on kidney function.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 04:40 PM
this sounds similar to dogrocks - will have a look !!
ta
dani
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >