View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Wowie, I'm not surprised, it really is a beautiful house ( I want it, I want it!)

My one concern is that they will try a pants offer on the pretext that they need to build a kitchen extension. Don't you be having any of that H!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't think we'll drop below £330K quite honestly Jen, but the agent just told me when I took the plans down there, that they're a couple of smart cookies, they were sitting outside in their car looking at the one on the other corner (along the side of us across the road), which had been extended top and bottom out the side, so they probably realise already they will be allowed to do it, but, he also said, once people have had time to sleep on it, it could go either way, which I know is true, coz we're the same when you've turned something over and over in your mind.

Dave said he's been awake all night, he's redesigned that bungalow we saw last week-end,(after buying it for £220K), so it's still pretty high up on our list. I've just booked those 3 viewings tomorrow, but will have to get a friend in to let the dogs out coz we'll be gone 5 hours and that's too long to leave them (for Georgie anyway, coz he will show me his disapproval by leaving me a big, stinky parcel in the dining room again! Bless him!).

He's going to ring them this morning and I'll just have to wait and see now, but there'll be others anyway even if these two change their minds I suppose
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, I'm quite gobsmacked here All your finger crossing almost worked, coz the agent just rang me, he said it ticks 9 out of the 10 of their boxes the 10th box being that the kitchen needs extending, and seeing as we already have plans for a big conservatory out the side there, and the house on the other corner was extended in exactly the same way, then I think we can tick that 10th box for them when I take the plans down to the agent in a mo!!!

He said he loved it too, there's so much space and it's all beautifully done, wow, what a surprise coz I honestly thought they would turn it down. Hopefully, after persuing the plans I have they might actually put in an offer then! Hmmmm, that'll be interesting, it's far too early days to take a pants offer, so it'd better be a good one!! Watch this space then...

Thanks all, and you can unwrap yourself now Bev and open those eyes!!!!
Thats brilliant news, never mind them pulling up in a merc, they should be chauffeur driven to even contemplate a house of the Bucket tenure!!!
How on EARTH can I unwrap meself when your waiting for an offer!!! Dont be silly woman, ive become quite adjusted to sitting on the desk at work looking all warped!!!!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Fingers crossed that they will go for it H, it really is a beautiful house and if there is space for them to extend the kitchen as they want to there should be nothing stopping them.

How exciting and how nice that will be if you don't have to have loads of people traipsing round all of the time looking in cupboards, saying they don't like this that or the other
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Thats brilliant news, never mind them pulling up in a merc, they should be chauffeur driven to even contemplate a house of the Bucket tenure!!!
How on EARTH can I unwrap meself when your waiting for an offer!!! Dont be silly woman, ive become quite adjusted to sitting on the desk at work looking all warped!!!!
I can picture it all!!! I hope I don't end up in one of those pokey little flats in a big country mansion like Hyacinth did, sooooo funny that episode!!! My mum is busy working hard from above, she knows exactly what Hyacinth would like, as she did here, when I was designing my little mini estate with those trees on the lawn!!

Oh I do hope I don't have to leave you like this all week-end Bev

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Fingers crossed that they will go for it H, it really is a beautiful house and if there is space for them to extend the kitchen as they want to there should be nothing stopping them.

How exciting and how nice that will be if you don't have to have loads of people traipsing round all of the time looking in cupboards, saying they don't like this that or the other
Oh that's the best part isn't it, all those people, not taking their shoes off on my lovely oatmeal piled carpets after I've gone to the trouble of taking up the tatty hall mats for the dogs, tcht, good job I'm not gonna be here, they'd be handed a pair of slippers if I was!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I am not surpised. Told you didn't I they would come for a viewing.

They mght go in a bit low to start with just to see but if ticks all of the boxes or 9 out 10 anyway they will more than likely be prepared to go up a bit more.

Of course if the agent tells them there is a lot of interest they may go in with the offer you are looking for straight away so they don't lose it.

You might be making an offer yourself this weekend hopefully.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:38 AM
OOOh this is just getting so exciting...it's made me start badgering Clive again, he's just taken himself off to Hemel Hemsted for the day saying he has a big client needing him, I'm sure he is just fed up with me talking about houses again

I've got everything crossed that you get what you want for yours, and you find the home of your dreams this weekend, (that is if you haven't already found it )
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks Lynn and Sheree, still no news as yet about those, BUT, agent just rang again, he has 2 people wanting to view tomorrow afternoon, but what with being out all morning, the place will need airing and hoovering again downstairs, it's all too much, and considering they live in the village themselves, I've told him I'll do Sunday morning coz Dave can whiz out with the dogs while I show them round. They'd better watch out coz I'm one heck of a saleswoman, I'll be wearing them down so much they'll agree to anything and sign on the dotted line lol! Good interest though isn't it for only 2 days!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi H - wow things are moving fast aren't they I can only log in during the evenings and since last night a lot of developments, how nice if you got an offer you were happy with and could really start planning that move, hope it goes that way.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Any updates H?
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >