View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Blue goes well with mocha. I have mid-brown carpet tiles, cream rug & curtains and the dog bed duvets are blue. Then a deep red and gold throw for my chair and terra-cotta sofa. They`re all `natural` colours so go well together. (walls pale coffee)
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Emily I dream of a clean house like yours

We have the real oak flooring downstaires, it's great and honestly the dogs don't slip about on it too much as they would on laminate, it gets scratched etc but it just makes it look older, to match the house .

When we first got the house we did the living room very cream and brown (with a plum settee lol) so I painted the fireplace wall a lovely shade of bright red and bought a stripy rug from Ikea, and have still got the plum settee! We have dark curtains and the room gets reaaalllly cosy, everybody always comments on this. I love colours, my kitchen has a lovely dark bluey/grey wall! We just wish we had a log burner Ah well, something to look forward to in the next house.

Can only find this pic, it looks pretty dull though, but at least it looks half clean, it's not usually , and the rug is actually quite a bit brighter than it looks here

This shows the colour of the wall better (at Christmas!)
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post

We have the real oak flooring downstaires, it's great and honestly the dogs don't slip about on it too much as they would on laminate, it gets scratched etc but it just makes it look older, to match the house .

When we first got the house we did the living room very cream and brown (with a plum settee lol) so I painted the fireplace wall a lovely shade of bright red and bought a stripy rug from Ikea, and have still got the plum settee! We have dark curtains and the room gets reaaalllly cosy, everybody always comments on this. I love colours, my kitchen has a lovely dark bluey/grey wall! We just wish we had a log burner Ah well, something to look forward to in the next house.

Can only find this pic, it looks pretty dull though, but at least it looks half clean, it's not usually , and the rug is actually quite a bit brighter than it looks here

Oh my I am IN LOVE with your living room!!!! at my dads house we happen to have your coffee table too
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Oh my I am IN LOVE with your living room!!!! at my dads house we happen to have your coffee table too
Aw bless ya, thank you , that table cost me £20 from a second hand shop in Blackpool, lol, it's wrecked, puppy chewed and wonky And you should see the state of the settee on the other side of the room out of the picture, it might be a lovely plum colour but the underside of all the cushions are dog eaten
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hmmmm, I think no quite honestly, coz the mellow mocha has a bit of a pinkish tinge (not chavvy pink!), coz I didn't like the yellow type creams, I wanted more of an oatmeal cream, and when you've got so much of it like I have, you actually notice that pinkish hue if you catch my drift?
Here's my lounge with it:

The wall behind the black chair on the right, is more like the actual colour in real life, as it looks a bit grey elswhere and it's not! The walls next to the window are the Simply Pearl, which goes fantastic with Mellow Mocha, it's part of the same colour scheme.

Sorry Pidge for hijacking the thread, its just cause i saw helena had mellow mocha just wanted to know what it is really like

Old pic, Zena just been speyed, but it's the only one I could find of that other end of the lounge!

I chose it because all these colours go fantastic with the colour of that carpet, and it isn't really as "grey" as it looks, it's more the actual colour of that carpet there.

If you went for a really pale duck egg blue, I would think it would go with it, but if you went for an in yer face duck egg blue then it wouldn't! What I'm trying to say is, if you went actually lighter with the blue, than this mocha colour, it could actually go nicely?

If you look at the "Dogsey" colour, the paler shade around these post boxes, it's very much like that, the little pale strip around the white box, not the larger outside strip lol! I'm rabbiting a bit here, but my finger's better and I can type again!!!
Thanks Helena so much for being honest and very descriptive lol...chavvy pink , i think i knew it kinda wouldnt go, i really thought it was a kind of grey but as you said its not, it looks so nice in your house and gives me a better idea of the colour.
I fell in love with this blue http://www.crownpaint.co.uk/colour/7...c-duck-egg.htm and i dont know what to go with it, with white furniture, come to think of it the link ive posted is quite helpful at picking colours away to play

Sorry Pidge for hijacking your thread, it was just cause i saw the mellow mocha i thought i'd ask
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I agree, that looks really nice with the duck egg blue, AND, I do believe that again, that is their Mellow mocha, because it's all to do with lighting, and if you look at the left hand strip of wall next to the curtains and next TO the duck egg blue, then that is the actual colour I see on my walls, whereas in a picture it just doesn't come out the same (cockpit error on part of camera operator!!!)

I usually think it's best to stick to the same colours, either darker or lighter in the same spectrum, same as you would see in B & Q when you look at all their little colour chart strips for mixing their own, you get more of an idea of what goes with what, and it's always from the same spectrum. Why don't you nip into B & Q and look at those cards and see if you can match up a duck egg blue with one of the mocha's or creams? When you're talking greys, they do some lovely greys which of course wouuld go fantastically well with ANY duck egg blue, as long as the grey is pale of course, well, not always I suppose lol!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post

LOVELY living room! I think the furniture makes a big difference. We bought everything cheap from Ikea but are saving up for this range -

http://www.johnlewis.com/3903/Range.aspx

It'll be too dark in this house but in our next one we hope we can do it!

Originally Posted by Tori View Post
Thanks Helena so much for being honest and very descriptive lol...chavvy pink , i think i knew it kinda wouldnt go, i really thought it was a kind of grey but as you said its not, it looks so nice in your house and gives me a better idea of the colour.
I fell in love with this blue http://www.crownpaint.co.uk/colour/7...c-duck-egg.htm and i dont know what to go with it, with white furniture, come to think of it the link ive posted is quite helpful at picking colours away to play

Sorry Pidge for hijacking your thread, it was just cause i saw the mellow mocha i thought i'd ask :grin:
Don't be silly. I'm nosey and am enjoying hearing your thoughts too ;o)
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by mad4jacks View Post
I will hold my hands up i was one who thought it would be SMALL.I amazed when i first went into Steph home!!!!!!! Its amazing i love it.

Im trying to get her to foster me so i can live there with my little un!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When we move its yours
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Ain`t it funny how people with dogs go for a colour scheme that is basically different shades of mud?
btw - anyone else got hairy curtains?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:12 PM
lol yes!! the curtains will be coming down on Monday this week, if I dont have the other ones ready by then, it will be next week. Im thinking of swapping to just blinds eventually

Akitagirl - I had those colours in the last house and I did like it. Now I have changed altogether lol I have 'stone' (very pale greyish? Kath Kidston paint) and a pale, neutral mintish colour on the fireplace wall, from Craig & Rose but I cant remember the name of that either!!! Dosnt sound as nice as it is but I love it, very fresh and calm. The curtains are long hessian in off-white (replacements are exactly the same lol) and the suite is black leather. The lamp is off-white paper floor to (almost) ceiling and has long bits of green 'grass' under the first layer that you can see when the lamp is on. Fire surround is like an off-white colour.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >