Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2004, 11:19 PM

Great Grandmother - possibly

No not me

But a "girl" I was at school is to be soon I am told.

She like me is 41. She had her daughter at just 14. Plus she has four other children all different fathers. She has 18 grandchildren by the oldest 3 children already. Her youngest being 8

Her eldest daughter is 27 and she has four children aged almost 13, 12, 9 and 3. SO she too had her first child at 14ish

Well her eldest son who is 13 next week it appear has a 16 year old girlfriend who is pregnant!!!!

What is the world coming to. The girl I was at school with has her eldest three grandchildren living with her. As her daughters current boyfriend and father of the 3 year old does not like them

Sad sad world. Karen
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

29-07-2004, 11:26 PM
blame MTV(!) the movies, the news and the newspapers! oh and TV oh and girlie magazines for teenage girls (have u seen the filth in them!?!).

ok rant over!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2004, 06:43 AM
I agree Azz. That is really disgusting

It goes to show how morals have declined over the years and that it is now considered the 'norm' for girls to have babies at 13/14 years of age. I had Louise at 23 years of age and still thought I was too young to have a child.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2004, 06:47 AM
same here staffy i had my eldest at 21 and still felt too young
and it annoys me when people say ooooh you have a 18 year old daughter,you must have started young,when i tell them "no i was 21" they react like wow why wait so long!!!!
i had my son at 28 and still felt too young but when i had my daughter at 30 i felt right,
i,d love to be a grandma now but still think sam(my eldest)is too young
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2004, 07:16 AM
Kazz I think that is a demonstration of how to lead (or not) by example. It is not a new thing but something that has always happened... long before TV, there were certainly families like that in the small village I came from. We had a girl at my school whose brothers were actually her sons and cared for by the girls mother.. I used to be a volunteer with the local council taking severly disabled children for the weekend to give their families a break. One of my 'children' the sweetest little girl who could not walk or speak came from a similar family second generation. Her mother was 15 when she had her, then had 2 more children both by different fathers. I used to despair when I had to take the little girl home, no one there seemed to have any time for her The saddest thing was the little girl was far brighter than anyone gave her credit for and could have done so much better in a more caring home. I had her for two years until the family moved. There will always be families like this it is a fact of life. I have to smile when people bang on about someone not having a litter of puppies unless they wish to show the dogs and unless they research the breed for ten years even after owning the breed for years and having done health checks when there are families out there having 'litters of children' without having any healthchecks at all , it does rather put things in perspective

.holds breath waiting for the zelots of the dog world to come and attack me..can someone say when it is safe to come out from under the table please
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2004, 08:29 AM
had my first at 23 but my school buddy had a 9 yr old by then .... to me its babies having babies ????
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Quite right inca. They seem to have the mentality that 'Oh it's okay mum'll look after the baby for me whilst I go hang out with my friends'

They don't know the meaning of responsibility at that age.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Bloody hell... don't kids get sex ed anymore??

Either that or schools are not doing a very good job.

I found out i was pregnant at 22, and i was crapping myself... because i had to tell my mother, even though i left home at 18.
And 8 years on, i'm due my 3rd child and in a stable relationship of 12 years... thats how it should be, not a quicky behind the sheds

I think i would go mad if my oldest came home at 17 and said she was pregnant... most kids these days don't have a life, they just think get preggas get a council house and don't have to work.

Worlds way f****d up and over populated as it is...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2004, 10:36 AM
I agree with you Kirsty ...perhaps socialty has given them no ambition except to play getting a flat and being all grown up ... I know we shoudn't tar all with the same brush but what are the parents doing to help this ????
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2004, 10:41 AM
OMG!!!!!

I'm speechless!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >