Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Got your priorities right then
Yes, SLB, you should be giving your niece those Christmas dinner scraps, not the dogs
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Yes, SLB, you should be giving your niece those Christmas dinner scraps, not the dogs
Very droll
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Yup , I'd have to mash them up and try and find a way of getting them into my sister as she is breast feeding

That reminds me, Bev's just rang me up and said that I could borrow money off her from tax credits that she was saving for an 18th birthday party for Maya/anything she'd need to use it for in the future, for presents for everyone - of which she said that I wouldnt need to pay back til nearer the time, she said also that if I dont want to borrow the money she'd take me up on the offer of looking after Maya but it depends on whether she's still breast feeding or not.

So I'm going to wait until Maya has stopped breast feeding and then look after her thanks for all the support and great ideas - I will definatley be using them in the future.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Yup , I'd have to mash them up and try and find a way of getting them into my sister as she is breast feeding

That reminds me, Bev's just rang me up and said that I could borrow money off her from tax credits that she was saving for an 18th birthday party for Maya/anything she'd need to use it for in the future, for presents for everyone - of which she said that I wouldnt need to pay back til nearer the time, she said also that if I dont want to borrow the money she'd take me up on the offer of looking after Maya but it depends on whether she's still breast feeding or not.

So I'm going to wait until Maya has stopped breast feeding and then look after her thanks for all the support and great ideas - I will definatley be using them in the future.
I think your sister has realised you weren't just saying you couldn't afford Christmas, that you really meant it. It was nice of her to offer to lend you the money though.

Some mum's are very clingy with their babys, especially their first borns, and if she's still breastfeeding Maya then she wouldn't be able to go out for long, or might be self concious that she might leak? etc, Keep offering to babysit your niece though, eventually your sister is going to take you up on that offer, and then you and your other half can spend the night getting all broody over your niece
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Eh? Have I missed something?
..................jols
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Amused that some people put dogs before children................amazed actually but pleased that other people thinks it is a bit odd as well.

Busted....what for?
budskipup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2010, 04:07 PM
try the well known money saving site for free samples there's some for baby creams etc , when my 3rd grandson was expected my d-in-law wanted to join the supermarket baby clubs to get free baby bags and changing mats , you had to buy some nappies I think, she didn't have the time but i did so i built up quite a collection of free samples ,a bag , changing mat and money off coupons and my d-in-law was very pleased.
Also the babysitting gift is a lovely idea ,it's the thought that counts , hopefully your sister will see that, but having a small baby sometimes makes you a bit bonkers , you may just have to stand well back , develop a thick skin and wait until she's back to normal
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
Amused that some people put dogs before children................amazed actually but pleased that other people thinks it is a bit odd as well.

Busted....what for?
One other person said they'd put their dog before a 3 month old baby in the Christmas present situation. No one said they'd actually put there dog before their child?
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
One other person said they'd put their dog before a 3 month old baby in the Christmas present situation. No one said they'd actually put there dog before their child?
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
I'd put my dog before someone elses child. It's their child not mine and if it was a case of buying my dog a present or their child my dog would win
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »