Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
Anyway I am off now got xmas pressies to wrap up.
I am disgusted at how rude you are. Your comments are uneccesary and hurtful. If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. This is SLB's life and she shouldn't have to justify herself to you.

I wonder if you would be so rude in person or does the anonimity give your true personality chance to shine.

Either way I thank you for showing your true colours - now we all know who to avoid in future!

SLB - I hope you have a nice time over Xmas, as others have said it isn't supposed to be about money but about family, friendship and love.

x
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2010, 11:20 PM
i aint doing many xmas pressies this yr, not enough dosh.

its only xmas anyway, no big deal
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
I am disgusted at how rude you are. Your comments are uneccesary and hurtful. If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. This is SLB's life and she shouldn't have to justify herself to you.

I wonder if you would be so rude in person or does the anonimity give your true personality chance to shine.

Either way I thank you for showing your true colours - now we all know who to avoid in future!
My thoughts exactly. Im quite disgusted about those comments, some people can be so unnecessarily rude. There is just no need!
SLB didnt start this thread just so you could be rude and insulting, im sure she just wanted to get something off her chest and get some advice.

SLB - im in the same boat as you, i'm not buying many presents this year, i just cant afford it!

Sorry guys about my mini rant but my pet hate is rude people! Didnt mean to get involved, but I wasnt not going to say something about it, surely those comments are bordering on 'bullying'. Unacceptable behaviour.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2010, 11:58 PM
SLB - im in the same boat as you, i'm not buying many presents this year, i just cant afford it!
I think it's a shame more people don't admit they can't afford to buy lots of presents, it would save a lot of worrying.

Let's face it many people spend a lot of time and money buying things other people don't really want.

I made it quite clear when I retired that I could no longer afford to buy lots of presents, I make mincemeat and Christmas puddings and give those instead to a select few .
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
The other point I was making was that Maya is 3 months old she's hardly going to know what christmas is or remember it or apprieciate it.
TBH, you are exactly right, highlighted bit in bold. I had one of my children very close to Christmas. That year, we'd spent hundreds of pounds (if not a couple of thousand) getting ourselves ready for the new arrival was hardly a surprize to the baby that they had nothing at all for that christmas - after all, baby didn't know it was Christmas as there was only something like 4/5 weeks to Christmas, plus I was taken back to hospital, leaving O/H to sort everything out

This Christmas is different, of course all our children have something but I've never really understood parents that go totally overboard on a baby for Christmas when they are only weeks old, I'd much rather spend the money providing for them in other ways, bottles don't come cheap, nor do nappies, wipes, feeds, clothes - which is everything essential to keep them happy & comfortable - as long as they are fed and dry at that age - they don't really care do they

If I were you I'd just offer to baby sit so they could have special night out over christmas, when you do have a young baby at home, time with you're otherhalf is precious infact you get so caught up with the baby and tending to their needs you seem to forget that you actually live together at times - which can cause all sorts of stress in a relationship, finding time to spend with each other when a baby comes along is difficult - sometimes it's difficult to find that balance - so a night out with her o/h I would imagine would go down well, especially if you offered to have the baby overnight if she agreed with that

But it's simple if you don't have the money, you don't have the money, I would perfectly understand that it's a shame you're sis is making you feel well, quite rubbish really.

Just another idea, being as the baby is only 12 weeks old (or just over) put together a basket of goodies some of these only costing pennies, such as baby bath, talc, baby soap, wet wipes, baby shampoo, packet of nappies, tin of feed, bottles, bibs, vests, a babygrow etc..Infact some of the supermarkets such as Sainsbury's & Asda have their own baby ranges (Sainsbury's baby items are lush) things starting as little as 50p I'm sure if you included some of these things in you're weekly shop, you'd soon have something to put together, and believe me it would be very much appreciated
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 06:52 AM
3 MONTHS Exactly a small token pressie £5 or £3

so you could of kept a small gift back for xmas knowing you wouldnt have any money.............

and i wouldnt worry about not buying the dogs anything they dont even know what month it id let alone its xmas.
Id DEFINTALLY buy my dogs something over a 3 month old child

This is a dog lovers forum!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2010, 07:19 AM
It is not bullying it is answering a thread I am sorry if you don't like my opinions but they are only mine.

If people just wish to have a rant about their personal life then just say ''no replies needed''......

or if they just want people to agree with them say ''please agree or say nothing''

If something is put on a forum I thought it was up for discussion or maybe I am wrong.......seems strange if I am though.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the help guys, I suppose I could try and put something together, I got really upset about it all last night, ranted again to my parents and they said that they'd try and give me some money which I'd normally get as a present but I can't take it from them, they're already buying us a washer and a freezer for the house for my birthday and christmas - my birthday being 4 weeks to Christmas.

Mishflynn - my dogs always get presents - I might just take them round visiting Christmas day and they can have all the leftover beef/turkey/chicken from dinners. It's also same among the animals, Sadie gets Benjie something, Benjie gets Sadie something, Sadie gets Alvina (Bev's cat) and Poppy (Nan's cat) something and they get her something - it's the same every year lol. And when we had hamsters - we had a lot at one time - they all got little presents too.

Thanks again guys. Got a bit of good news but I'll put that in another thread
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 08:30 AM
If something is put on a forum I thought it was up for discussion or maybe I am wrong.......seems strange if I am though.
How about offering some helpful advice then? "Save a pound a week" is pointless advice when it's the start of November and calling someone tight when they've explained that they don't have much money is just rude. Plenty of people have managed to reply and give their opinion without resorting to insults or unhelpful suggestions.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2010, 08:32 AM
she's busted, she aint gonna admit it now
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »