Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
LOL

I'm sure he will get bored, we will see. I just txt him "Why the hell are we not going together?" And he txt "I don't know" and a sad face and apparent;y needs to turn his mobile off now.

I'm turning gay I swear, I can't handle this, women would be so much easier, no woman would bloody do this to me.
Im different to you I would of txt.....great news my mate has just rang asking me to go away with her for a fabby break...see you when I get back but then Im wicked
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 08:07 AM
If he doesn't have mobile signal I will be on here everyday driving you all insane.
I think we need daily updates now

Everything you said is totally right, his mum totally mollycoddling him but I think the reason she is ok is because this is an older woman who worked in a church,
Older woman, church it could all be a ruse, remember the badies don't look like monsters they are the ones with bags of lollies in their hands

she's not the sharpest tool in the box,
I feel your pain, OH's mother isn't either

she sees me as a threat of taking away her little boy, she doesn't see this woman that way so it's all ok.
Hmmmm you didn't take him to an island

And yes, he does have that young male attitude which really worries me and he is very naive to boot, he's clueless.
Don't know if they better with age either

Hmmmmm, feel a bit sick this morning, spoke to him a wee while ago, he's in the airport now.
Ten days and counting

Emma, he's far to bloody braindead to be in on it LOL!
Maybe that is how he is playing it

Thank you for speaking sense
Are you saying I didn't

We will talk about sensibly when he gets back, assuming he gets back in one piece and nothing untoward happens while he is there.
Hmmmmm mini series coming up I think

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
try not to worry (afterall its too late now) im a terrible terrible wind up merchant...... but Really think we need daily updates
I agree and also must say I am sorry I am only teasing but I understand why you would be concerned.
I don't like the fact he is not comfortable and ignoring his own gut feeling.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Im different to you I would of txt.....great news my mate has just rang asking me to go away with her for a fabby break...see you when I get back but then Im wicked
LOL maybe I will
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I think we need daily updates now

Older woman, church it could all be a ruse, remember the badies don't look like monsters they are the ones with bags of lollies in their hands

I feel your pain, OH's mother isn't either

Hmmmm you didn't take him to an island

Don't know if they better with age either

Ten days and counting

Maybe that is how he is playing it

Are you saying I didn't

Hmmmmm mini series coming up I think

I agree and also must say I am sorry I am only teasing but I understand why you would be concerned.
I don't like the fact he is not comfortable and ignoring his own gut feeling.
Nooooo I don't like that he's pretending he feels fine and I know he doesn't, i'm good at people, I can tell he's not 100%. I could have VERY easily scared him into not going, maybe I should have!

And yes, you did talk a lot of sense! Most of the time!

They most certainly DO NOT better with age as my 43 yr old ex was almost as naive. Totally clueless with women although a bit more worldly wise.

He isn't happy about me telling everyone on here about it, mind I did do a wee fibby and said 'a few pals on msn'. I knew he's have a paddy if I told him I put it all over the dog forum lololol. Ooops...

He's playing the "I don't want everyone knowing about my private life" but it's only cuz he knows it's not right and he knows what everyone will say...

Soooooo can anyone lend me a helicopter then? And anyone fancy going with me on a wee trip?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh WHO LIVES ON SARK???? WE MUST HAVE SOMEONE, GUERNSEY AT LEAST????
Well the two brothers I mentioned before are the Barclay Brothers, nothing to do with the Bank but they own half the island and a property company in London and IIRC also the Daily Telegraph newspaper and God only knows what else, sadly I don't know them, have only read about them

I do (sort of) know someone on Guernsey, they are Newfie Club members and used to help with the rescue funding by converting used stamps into cash but he's retired now and doesn't do it anymore.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well the two brothers I mentioned before are the Barclay Brothers, nothing to do with the Bank but they own half the island and a property company in London and IIRC also the Daily Telegraph newspaper and God only knows what else, sadly I don't know them, have only read about them
Well that's just greedy!

He's in Guernsey now...
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Sounds weird to me Kel I have been to Sark and quite honestly there is not a lot you can do there, esp an 18 year old. Maybe 3 pubs on the whole island, no lighting at night, so everywhere you go you need a torch It's very quiet and peaceful....to quiet .

There is no way on God's planet I would go and stay with people I have never met.

I hope I'm wrong and it all works out fine, but if, like you say he is a bit niave then they could be taking him for a bit of a ride...hope not. fingers crossed

xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 03:01 PM
some toffs are just plain strange, lol
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Sounds weird to me Kel I have been to Sark and quite honestly there is not a lot you can do there, esp an 18 year old. Maybe 3 pubs on the whole island, no lighting at night, so everywhere you go you need a torch It's very quiet and peaceful....to quiet .

There is no way on God's planet I would go and stay with people I have never met.

I hope I'm wrong and it all works out fine, but if, like you say he is a bit niave then they could be taking him for a bit of a ride...hope not. fingers crossed

xx
I know! And I haven't heard from him since guernsey!

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
some toffs are just plain strange, lol
Well they are like lol!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 04:16 PM
It does all sound a bit creepy! but don't worry about Sark, they are not all inbred weirdo's!! I went there to work for the whole summer season 20 odd years ago in one of the few hotels. (I was only 17) at that time & as Elaine says there were only 2 pubs, a few hotels, no cars, no street lights, 1 shop, post office & a hairdressers. There's not a lot to do & you can walk the whole island in a few hours. I survived by getting drunk most nights (as you do at that age!) & going to beach parties with the other staff that lasted all night. We had a ball!!!
Page 7 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »