Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Something just doesn't sound right, through reading it all, it gave me the creeps, I kept looking to see if there was something that made me feel better, but to no avail, and he is not my b/f
First off I think I watch too much TV, it reminded me of Desperate Housewives then Harpers Island
It all sounds a bit off kilter really, who goes to an island with some old lady they have seen from time to time, for 10days for no specific purpose??
I am trying to think of the good things in this but really there are none. Your b/f sounds very molly coddled but his own mum, who doesn't have a problem with the situation (I find that weird, as if I told either of my parents, I was doing what he was but with a man (being the older, rich, eccentric person) they would lose it and I would get a lecture not my mum staying with me at the hotel.
This woman could be harmless and more than likely is, she may not see money as anything but endless so not having a problem with it. But it just sounds so weird and gives me the creeps.
I know you don't want to be controlling but seriously would he be okay if the shoe was on the other foot?? I know my OH wouldn't be, if it was me going and vice versa.
He is young, got the male attitude of 'it will be alright' (I know I am generalising) and if things do hit the fan, he wouldn't see it coming.
Sorry still creepy, I hope these 10days go fast, and he gets mobile reception, so you can have contact with him.
Now most of us have got you worried with our different scenario's I think you do need to draw a line at some point with it as you don't sound comfortable at all with it and that is not been controlling that is just being very concerned, maybe see what happens when he comes back and if there are any more holidays planned with this woman, that is when it needs to happen.
Thank you so much, I totally feel the same. You are so right, no, he would HATE it if it were me and the shoe was on the other foot, he'd be kicking and screaming and everything. I did make it clear I NEVER wanted him to go but seeing as it was all arranged before we started seeing each other and we haven't been together all that long (5/6 months) then I didn't feel justified to say ABSOLUTELY NO, YOU ARE NOT GOING. But rest assured, he isn't bloody going again, least not on his own and i'm not even comfortable at going but we will see how this trip goes. If he doesn't have mobile signal I will be on here everyday driving you all insane.

Everything you said is totally right, his mum totally mollycoddling him but I think the reason she is ok is because this is an older woman who worked in a church, she's not the sharpest tool in the box, she sees me as a threat of taking away her little boy, she doesn't see this woman that way so it's all ok.

And yes, he does have that young male attitude which really worries me and he is very naive to boot, he's clueless.

Hmmmmm, feel a bit sick this morning, spoke to him a wee while ago, he's in the airport now.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Right! Who knows someone who lives on sark?
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
no luck here ut really doesn't the end of the movie go and have a twist in it and the rescuer gets killed because the 'innocent' b/f was in on it

Now seriously I second Mishflynns idea
Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh WHO LIVES ON SARK???? WE MUST HAVE SOMEONE, GUERNSEY AT LEAST????

Emma, he's far to bloody braindead to be in on it LOL!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Kel, I wouldn't blame your OH about all this.

Looking at it from his point of view, he has a friend who he's known for 2 years through the church (longer than he's known you - although not as intimately (I hope!!). This friend, who has a partner of her own, has offered him the chance of a free holiday.

If I was him, I would've said yes, particularly if it was pretty much arranged before you two became seriously involved.

Try not to worry. I'm sure your OH knows right from wrong and if this woman does try anything, I am sure he will put a stop to it.

Once he's back you can help him decide what sort of contact he continues to have with her - whatever has or hasn't happened on the trip might make that easier.
Thank you for speaking sense I hardly bloody slept at all last night and i'm in a right old flap this morning. I don't blame him at all, I know he's daft as a brush but she should know better. I know he's not 100% confident himself, he says he is but last night I said to him what I was talking about here and he said not to tell him he'd get nightmares.

We will talk about sensibly when he gets back, assuming he gets back in one piece and nothing untoward happens while he is there.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 07:40 AM
try not to worry (afterall its too late now) im a terrible terrible wind up merchant...... but Really think we need daily updates
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 07:41 AM
lets hope she gives him something VERY expensive, that he can Ebay & spend the money on u!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 07:42 AM
try not to worry (afterall its too late now) im a terrible terrible wind up merchant...... but Really think we need daily updates
Ahh, I was worried anyway, your posts made me feel better if anything, if ya don't laugh you would be crying eh?

I will do, he's on the plane now, it leaves at 9 so I won't speak to him again 'til he's in guernsey where he is meeting the mysterious b/f...
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 07:43 AM
lets hope she gives him something VERY expensive, that he can Ebay & spend the money on u!
hahaha he had better be doing something spectacular to make it up to me when he gets back
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Perhaps the B/F is Famous!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Thanks Steph, no don't be sorry it totally makes sense and sounds all so familiar, she's deff not all their this woman, anyone can see that. And he is too innocent, he doesn't realise and he is too trusting, there's noway i'd have gone anywhere with anyone like that no least a remote island in the middle of nowhere with limited outside contact eh?

I think when he gets back i'll need to make it clear i'm totally not happy about him going again. I asked him why I was never invited and he just kept changing the subject so I wonder if he'd asked and she'd said no?!?!?!
Well whats done is done now.....and to be honest when he gets back you may find that things were so boring and uncomfortable that he will not want to go again anyway.

Sometimes these boys need to feel the experience of ''made a mistake'' rather than being told they are if she is like the person my son knew....she never talked about me and changed the subject when he mentioned me, so maybe this lady does that when your BF mentions you.

Im sure he'll be fine and none the worse for his adventure
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Perhaps the B/F is Famous!!!!
LOL

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well whats done is done now.....and to be honest when he gets back you may find that things were so boring and uncomfortable that he will not want to go again anyway.

Sometimes these boys need to feel the experience of ''made a mistake'' rather than being told they are if she is like the person my son knew....she never talked about me and changed the subject when he mentioned me, so maybe this lady does that when your BF mentions you.

Im sure he'll be fine and none the worse for his adventure
I'm sure he will get bored, we will see. I just txt him "Why the hell are we not going together?" And he txt "I don't know" and a sad face and apparent;y needs to turn his mobile off now.

I'm turning gay I swear, I can't handle this, women would be so much easier, no woman would bloody do this to me.
Page 6 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »