Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I am so very sorry to read this Helena.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at such a difficult and very sad time.

Take care Hugs xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh Aitch, I'm so terribly, terribly sorry to hear this. I've read most of your posts about your lovely mum and got caught up in the ups and downs along with you. I'm crying to read this latest news and my heart goes out to your wonderful mum, who fought so bravely and so hard, so many times ... and to you who nursed her, fought for her - bravely - and stood by her side ... so many times.

I want to give my mum a hug - you know - but she's on holiday at the moment.

Bless you both. Cherish the memories my love.

I'm here if you need me.
xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Oh Helena, I'm so sorry to read this very sad news.

I am so pleased that you and mum got to spend the last few years of her life together.

You two have been inseparable since you brought her home from Spain and devoted your life to her.

Bless you, hon, for being a wonderful daughter, and bless your mum for being a wonderful parent.

Thinking of you, Dave, Georgie and Zena....

With love....

x0x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I am so sorry H *Hugs*

Thinking of you all x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Thankyou everyone. It's all coming in waves at the moment, one minute I'm ok, I can talk, and then I just fall apart Zena is doing her job brilliantly from the minute she saw my tears, she hasn't stopped kissing them dry, but I already told you she was sent to me as a gift to get me through this very sad day, it's her job and she knows it, I really don't know where I'd be with this without her quite honestly. Funny how she adored mum too, she would leap onto her everytime I took her on a visit and smother her in kisses and yet mum never really had much contact with her here at home,coz she was so tiny at the time,I had to shut her in her cage when mum came downstairs just in case there was an accident. Then when mum had her stroke and ended up in care and I took Zena in to visit her, she always said she was "her" dog and thanked me for taking care of her coz she was no longer able to, and stressed what a great dog she had been for her, she had always been there and helped her all her life. Who knows? All very strange, but I went along with it at the time!

Only yesterday, I was looking back to when mum first came here, and noticed that there was a distinct pattern in everything that had happened, all for the best, nothing could have gone more perfectly. She could still have been living in Mallorca, falling over, living on her own, and I would have been hopping on and off planes like a yo yo, but from the minute I rang her that night and Dave said to get her over here for a "short holiday" coz she was so stressed about her son having been so ill over there, we were worried she would make herself ill. She was only here one week, Georgie knocked her flying on the patio, and she broke her ankle! The rest is history,all pieces of a jigsaw which fitted into place to give her the best 3 years of her entire life, or so she constantly told me.

The policeman I met up at the home tonight told me they do everything for me, and all I have to do is wait for a phone call on Monday from the coroner and everything will be sorted when I decide on the directors to use, I don't have to do anything, which will of course, make it much easier for me. I think the funeral will be the time when I will be at my worst, I think I'm in shock at the moment, it hasn't quite registered. I'm mrs. "get on with it" but there will come a time when I will just flop I know that.

When they rang me tonight and told me to go and sit down with Dave, I just knew in my heart what was coming, but that didn't stop me dropping the phone,falling to the floor and wailing my heart out, poor Dave, he didn't know what to do with me! I was worried I was going to hyperventilate, so I calmed myself right down with a cup of coffee and asked him to ring her back and tell her I want to come over to say goodbye. That might sound strange, but I needed to do that, she meant the world to me, and I wanted to tell her that.

Thankyou all, you've been more than supportive, your lovely messages have always perked me up when I was so very down with all the happenings and goings on, but most of all, you made me smile and laugh, and didn't we laugh sometimes in the middle of some of those long threads about mum! I wish I could laugh now, but all I can do is cry, but something inside of me is telling me, I should be happy that she is now at peace and out of such terrible pain as I saw her in this morning, so if I keep thinking that, then I might get better. I have such lovely,lovely memories, we laughed till we cried or mum wet her knickers sometimes, we were certainly on the same page me and mum, but then I am my mother's daughter and I'm so glad I am, there weren't many of her kind around anymore these days.xxxxxxxx Thanks again, sorry I can't reply to each and everyone of you, but I thankyou from the bottom of my heart, or what's left of it now, there's getting to be far too many big holes in it xxxxxxxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 07:18 PM
So sorry to hear your dear old mum has passed on H. Another star will shine brightly in the sky tonight.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh Helen

xxxxxx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
So sorry Helena Mega cyber {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} to you & yours.

Let the tears flow & they will be mixed with laughter eventually when you remember all the good times you had together.

Your mum is free from pain & her passing was peaceful, that is all we can ask for
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Helena you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so so sorry xx
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2009, 07:39 PM
So sorry to hear this Helena, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers xxxxxxxxxx
Page 3 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »