View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Hey Helena Just wanted to say hi and how are you coping?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Helena,I've been away for a couple of weeks and just saw your post.
I am so very very sorry.Just wanted to tell you that i'm thinking of you x
Thanks tink, it's been a rough old ride this time, but I think I'm getting through it, thanks for asking.xxx

Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
How r u doing H? xxx
Hi Lorna, I'm doing fine, better than expected actually!xxxx

Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Helena I hardly bother coming on this site any more but did have a quick look just now and saw your thread, I'm very sorry to hear your news,and just wanted to offer my condolences.
Thanks Angie, and I haven't had time for the other one of late! It wasn't good, but I'm ok now I think I'm over the worst.xxxxx

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Hey Helena Just wanted to say hi and how are you coping?
Hi lore, I'm doing fine thanks!xxxx

Dave has decided to take me back to the Isle of Wight for a little 4 day break coz he knows how I loved the peace and quiet over there, and I suppose he thinks it might do me good.

The good news is the cold is on it's way out, I've stopped coughing and blowing now, so maybe that's why I feel a whole lot better. Then again, it could be, that my friend and I did some serious retail therapy yesterday (gotta have new clothes for a little holiday haven't I! ), and unlike Friday we were both back on top form, we had the girls in Debenhams cracked up, coz I wanted to save myself £40 and get a free scarf by joining up for a card, meanwhile my friend had gone into Iceland next door, she couldn't ring me coz my mobile phone was in the dogmobile in my bum bag, so I told the girls I would have to run outside and let her know what the hold up was, and when I got out there, she promptly handed me a £40 quid parking fine ticket she'd found on the car!!!!! Then we realised, although we actually bought a ticket, what with all the excitement of a shopping trip, neither of us actually thought to stick the bladdy ticket on the windscreen, we put it in our handbag!!!! Needless to say, I've written them one of my letters explaining I wasn't of sound mind due to what's recently happened, and I did actually have a ticket and paid for one, so hopefully they'll let me off! When we went back into Debenhams, my friend was explaining to them that I'm not safe to be let out alone, and they did have a good laugh with us, and that was the first laugh I've had for the past 3 weeks, and it carried on all the way home in the car and a quick stop off in Waitrose too! I think I'm back on form, that dull, dreary, quiet person has now disappeared and I've got something to look forward to again I'm sure mum will like the Isle of Wight too

Thanks guys, all is well, normality has now resumed, except that Zena has gone off her food, she's swinging the lead methinks, so she'll just have to go hungry coz there's nothing wrong with her, she's full of beans and wants human food and she's not getting it until she's finished this growing stage! Well.........I say that but ..........
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Glad to hear you are back on form, you are bound to grieve it is a human process, and you are a most human person Have a great time in the Isle of Wight won't you?
Just as an aside, do you remember the feather thing? Well.....up to now I have found 2 PINK feathers in my living room and another PINk one in the car (whoever it is knows me sooooo well) on the river the other day, I looked down and there was a small white fluffy one, OK it could have come from a duck, but it was fresh and at my feet, and then out on the towpath yesterday - another feather!!!
Big hugs to you and Dave, you have both come through a really stressful time and deserve your time out
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh yes June, I remember the feather thing only too well, and I also remember having that big, black one right in the middle of my bedroom floor that night, exactly one whole week before mum passed! I told Elaine about it coz it worried me, I'd never heard about a black one before , let alone seen one indoors, all nice and clean and fluffy, just like one of those off a feather boa, and of course, it was the night before mum's last fall when she broke her arm which of course was the final straw for her in the end. Don't dismiss feathers mate, whatever their colour, but pink ones are good along with the whites!!! I have had none since and I'm waiting for a nice pink one myself!

I have one of those digital clocks at the side of my bed, which as you know, never needs adjusting. Sunday night, the noise from the pub made me look at the time and it said 11.50 which would have been right. THEN, the very next morning when I went to get up, instead of 6.00 it said 10.00 and I leaped out of bed, ran downstairs, only to see Dave sitting there in the darkness coz it was actually 6.00 am, so how come it had suddenly advanced itself by 4 hours since midnight when I last looked at it, I never touched it, it's too far away from me in bed!!!!! Then when I put the puter on, the clock on that had gone BACK by 2 hours??? What's that all about then I wonder???!!! Spooky!!! Thanks June.xxxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I bet your Mum was doubled over laughing at having got you running about at 6am
I have left the pink feather in my car, it is right behind the driver's seat
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 12:45 PM
... just where it should be then June!!! Cassie sometimes joins us for a ride ya know, I know when she's in the back!!!! xxxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, maybe Tawney is sending me the pink feathers eh? Like you say they are exactly like feathers from a boa as well
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Glad you are feeling a bit better now H. Good days and bad days........but evenutually more good ones, I am happy to say. Enjoy your holiday with Dave.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Glad to hear you're more like you H! I bet your mum had a right giggle at you for that gem!!

Don't dismiss clocks, they have a weird way of working! xxx
Page 27 of 27 « First < 17 24 25 26 27