Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Daredevil
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2009, 12:10 AM

What colour is your living room?

Hi everyone. Well I am now officially sick of a cream and brown front room so I've started adding some colour and have gone for limey green and rich purple after falling in love with a purple glass vase (John Lewis if anyones interested) sounds odd but it really goes together well (google images for proof! lol) So far just added some green cushions and a couple of smaller purple ones, had a canvas with a lot of green in it already and a few ornaments in green and the purple vase. Rest of room is still cream and kept the choccy brown cushions. Hubby thinks I have a cushion problem. I think he may be right!

Needing curtains, new light fitting and furniture so will take a while to get done but the spalsh of colour has done wonders.

So being a nosy type who loves house programmes and mags cos you get to see in other peoples houses, what colour is your front room and whats it like? Photos would be a bonus of course but as I haven't shown you mine then I guess I have a cheek

(when it's all nice and done I will def post some pics.)
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Ours is actually red LOL

Apologies for the pics (Suzi Quatro) but it's about the only one I've got already uploaded taken in the lounge.

Although it's a dark red wine colour, when it's spot lit at night it works well as the walls are dark but can change depending on the lights.
Daredevil
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2009, 12:24 AM
That's a fab photo. lol. Rock chick!
Love the dark brown sofa against that red. Very nice And I like the spotty cushion.
x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Ours is primrose with the front of the chimney breast papered brown with a lemon flower

Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Mine is creamon two wallks and a mustardy cream on the other two . I then have a russet red sofa and a plae green carpet(soon to be replaced!). All the colurs are very natural. I then have cream and gold cushions on the sofa.The woodwork is a natutal oak with some maple.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 07:11 AM
errrr....Brown and cream The wall with the fire is a dark chocolate coloured paper that feels like suede and the other three walls are a creamy mocha colour. I have a bit picture patio window so really its only two walls and a bit because of the arch. Will post a pic later

Elaine xxx

tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Hmmmm.....I'm kinda cream and brown here too lol
Cookie cream on the walls and Jeff Banks Taupe on the skirts and one wall.
You're right about a splash of colour making all the difference though.I'm just about to do the spare room (either cream or white) and have a gorgeous chocolate silk bed set for it and choc curtains and was thinking about using some cushions and a few accsessories in either hot hot pink or a nice jade green
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Cream and brown here too. Cream walls brownsofas, white skirtings and wood floor (light oak) with brown and choc brown rugs and a dark brown door
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 08:31 AM
hee hee
cream brown and blue here !! may be all dog lovers like the same colours !!

this is my main room, cream one wall, brown on window wall and blue on the wall where the photo has been taken

and then the dining space

looking both directions

excuse the mess but kids equals too much stuff !!! LOL
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
My walls are a lightish smokey mauvey grey With neutral carpet, 2 huge black leather squishy sofa's, a huge black leather squishy dog bed, with big black and cream shaggy rug, mauvy grey/ purple / cream spotty cushions. With cream throws to snuggle up in to watch tv. Light european oak furniture.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >