Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2023, 12:16 PM

Thought-out Thursday 18.5.23

Good afternoon all

Not a lot going on here but weather very nice, warm enough to sit out but in a cardy I think if moving fine if sitting cardy. LOL

Chris Hope Rosie is enjoying her sausages and the weather is taking you out far and wide at the moment. Are all of Gary's "list" of jobs done now?

Lynn When do you get to meet the pups? and have you heard any more? Hope you pup proofing mojo comes back to you.

Griff Hope all is good with you and yours, how is Steve doing with the car?

Brenda Did you finish your book I have added to my list to buy from kindle next time I order which will be soon I like to store good books on kindle to read at leisure.
This is a random question Are you ground floor or first floor
in your flat? for some reason I picture you first floor and on a balcony reading. Anymore pups in the offing to train?

Sue I suspect you will be busy busy busy as always. The carpet sounds lovely glad you got what you wanted. Did you ever resolve the windscreen of your car?

Have a good day all off to Asda in a minute then home for a not well earnt but taking it anyway sit down. LOL and telly.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2023, 12:25 PM
Good afternoon all

Lovely day here although it is clouding over a little now

The guys are just finishing the shed so that should be done in the next hour or so

Gary was supposed to go to hospital this afternoon for an eye appointment, but he is so ill from the new tablets they are trying that I've cancelled it and told him to stop taking them

No his jobs aren't finished yet, Kazz. He wants a new TV table, shoe storage thing and some wood on top of his drawers in the bedroom so his TV is safer

Paul, one of the guys doing the shed will sort it all out for us though

Rosie is tired today from her double outing yesterday so we won't be going out again this afternoon and, unfortunately, it's forecast rain for tomorrow
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2023, 12:49 PM
Ahhha Chris have you found you go to handy man in Pau she shed man.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2023, 01:45 PM
Kazz, no I am first floor and no balcony but the sun is lovely when it comes through. Only downside is if I am watching tele I have to pull a curtain across as I can't see the screen because of the sun. No, no more doglets to train.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2023, 03:20 PM
Afternoon Kazz, Chirs, brenda and all to follow.
Been another lovely warm sunny day here, not that we have seen much of it as Gorden has finished the flooring, I have been sorting what can go to either the gifting page or charity shop and what can go back under the new bed when it arrives.
He does still have the beading to do but we can move furniture about within the room to do that bit.
He is now starting to build one of the bedside cupboards.
So I guess we are puppy proofing the house, just the garden to finish. We also have a big dump run to do.

I had a message last night, the breeder is allowing potential owners to visit as from 29th May, we have Freya that day so we go on the 30th to meet them and mum.

Chris still sending hugs.
brenda I think we all have to pull a curtain when watching tv on a sunny day.
Fingers crossed another dog will come along who will benefit from your wisdom, or should I say the owner will.
Kazz I hope you are enjoying your rest.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2023, 04:48 PM
Evening all
Chris, sorry about Rosie and also sorry to hear Gary's tablets aren't suiting him
Kazz, no cardy her!! Out and about in a thin summer dress. Steve's car is great thanks, except as it's black it looks filthy continually lol
Lynn, oooooo, not long to wait then
Brenda, yep....we have to pull the curtains too when the sun shines
Sue, hope you are o.k
My back has gone, was putting my shoes on and that was it, I was extremely gingerly walking through town. I have put my tens machine on and had some paracetamol, hopefully it will sort it. I forgot.... have my new surgery date, 8th.... hopefully it will go through this time
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2023, 05:31 PM
Good evening everyone

Yes Brenda wet sir in the dark here as Barry Cann't see the tv with the reflection caused by the sun.

Not long then Lynn. Bet you are getting excited.

Take care Kelly and hope back is soon better. Fingers crossed for the new date.

At least you have found a good handyman Chris so that will release you both from trying to do everything for Gary. Shame his tablets are making him ill hope that is soon sorted. Gently hugs to Rosie.

Yes been busy again today. Another door and frame painted and afternoon school run done. On duty all day tomorrow.

Kazz the car windows are better regarding the smearing but mine still has the sparkly bits which I can't seem to shift. It has its MOT next week so if it fails on that will have to get a new windscreen.

Take care everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2023, 08:29 PM
Paul is one of the good guys. He's a carpenter by trade (or was as he's semi retired now - he somewhere around 60 I think). His brother and partner in crime was a kitchen fitter although when I mentioned I might have another job for them fitting mine they said a definite NO

Sorted out the electrician who's coming on Monday and the guy coming to fit the slabs is coming some time next week then, thankfully, work at our end is finished

I bet you can't wait to meet your little guy, Lynn - so very exciting

I hope the surgery happens this time Kelly. Nothing worse than building yourself up for it and then it doesn't happen

Do you ever have a day off Sue - you are just like my sister. She can never sit still either
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2023, 09:42 PM
Sue, as long as it isn't causing a significant visual impact, you should be o.k. Steve washed his previous car on a warm day and poured cold water on the screen, it cracked and tbf, I thought it was a failure but they changed the rules after I stopped working on cars. Apparently it now just covers the area the windscreen wipers cover, the tester was ace and said it was fine and he would have just sent me to buy smaller blades to get the pass and sort the screen after. Have you tried autoglym fast glass?? That's what we use and I must say, it's particularly good!
Chris, good workmen are worth their weight in gold, the lad who does our fences....and the lads who work with him are all brilliant, all are firemen and do it as a second job.